What matters most? is it personality or physical appearance?

Hey, I would really like to know what matters most for girls.

Is it his personality, or physical appearance that matters most?

Kindly be honest on this one, there's no option such both of them.

Thank you ! :)

• Physical traits
  • Personality

Most Helpful Girl

• looks fade, personality stays. looks are considered a bonus for me. a winning personality is essential.

Most Helpful Guy

• Physical appearance gets you in the door personality determines how long you can stay. That's true for nearly everyone. A lot of people like to claim they don't care about appearance but they do. They're "standards" might be lower than others but they'd be lying if they said physical appearance has no effect on who they're attracted to. Looks get you noticed personality attracts love.

What Girls Said 8

• What matters most? is it personality or physical appearance?
    A. Physical traits

In my opinion the guy most likely approached me due to my looks so he wouldn't have even found out my personality if it weren't for my physical appearance. I see no reason to give him any advantage and hold his personality in higher regard than his looks when he did not do the same.

Plus for me personality doesn't generate sexual attraction or arousal and most likely the guy will want sex as I find most guys generally only interact with gals for sex. So to me favoring looks more is more suited if I wanted something longer lasting since if I favored personality then I may not be attracted to him and wouldn't want sex with him. Then like a seemingly typical male he'd bail asap as he's not getting sex.

• Personality. I, right now, have a small crush on a guy who I NEVER thought I'd be into. Despite him being very abrasive and coming off as a jerk, I know he has a good heart and isn't a bad guy and when he's not trying to pull of his facade in front of our peers, he's a really cool guy to talk to.

• I think it's a mix. What people don't seem to realize is that most of our physical traits indicate personality traits. You can't choose your gender, race, height or genetics but you can manage your weight, the way you dress and hygiene. The way a person carries themselves speaks much louder than what they say.

• The first thing you can notice is the physical appearance.
    But personality is what really makes me want to get to know him

• To be honest I usually don't get to know people's personality until after I have an idea initial physical attraction to them

• Personality! No one is defined by the way they look; the true person they are is inside. Why do so many guys care more about physical traits than personality?

• Personally, it's the appearance which attracts me, but it's the personality which I fall in love with.

Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to appearances. So a girl may not be physically attracted to a certain guy, but another girl may look on him as the most handsome guy she's ever seen.

I

• Well obviously the physical is what i see first BUT if the physical is nice and the personality is bad that's all i need to see to turn me right off in an instant... but yes physical is what i'm drawn to first off.

What Guys Said 1

• Both.

Basically your ability to kill both mentally and physically

• I'm not saying it's a good thing. Strength should be used for protection to promote peace and happiness...

But women encourage bad behavior