I would like to know your opinion in regards to online dating. Does it work? Is it a tool used for cheating? How can you trust a person?
- You CAN form a relationship with online dating79% (37)67% (37)73% (74)Vote
- Online dating is never good.21% (10)33% (18)27% (28)Vote
Most Helpful Guy
I am somewhere in between A and B, I believe that online dating is a more complicated version of real life dating. The same basic concerns are there about trust but how do you get around this in real life, you get to know the person and you then decide whether to trust the person or not.
I have half dabbled in online dating, I investigated it and talked to a few women. It might be an indicator of my age but I found the urgency of their interaction offputting, After 3 messages they would be wanting to meet and I would be "Slow down, lets get to know each other" first to which they would say "Timewaster" and storm off.
I believe that there is every chance a relationship could form. My tips would be the following
(1) Choose a premium site - Free sites tend to attract messers looking for sexting and photos - A con would be a discreet cheater may feel more at home there but there would be larger proportion of genuine people there.
(2) Research the site you want to use - What you want the emphasis to be on (primarily looking for a relationship etc)
(3) Be your true self - I don't think that will be a problem for you as I think your photos are beautiful and your personality comes across very well online (Strong, independent, a big heart capable of warmth and sensitivity, articulate and very funny). Also a lot of sites have good advice on how to set up your profile once you get by the extra premium advertising.
(4) Some sites have forums if you have the time - Getting involved there may lead you to meeting someone.
(5) All in all, as I say it is much the same as real life and whatever screening system you use in real life, use a bit more stringently online.
Is it worth jumping in head first in the deep end of the pool, maybe not but could it be worth dipping your toe in shallow end to see if you like temperature and making your way up to deep end, maybe so. What I would do is have a look with your eyes wide open. As you know I think you are a really lovely person and a guy would be very lucky to meet you no matter how. All I can do is say whatever you do, all the luck in the world to you.1
Most Helpful Girl
I'm in a long distance relationship and we met online.. we met here 😁 it wasn't for dating reasons, it was only friendship then developed after months.. Anyways, its a risk, but it depends on the person you are with, it depends on if you actually can visit coz its so important.. And the cheating thing isn't always true, if that person actually loves you he won't cheat and if he doesn't love you, he will " accidentally" drop some hints that will indicate you he isn't interested, just a player, etc now I can't talk about myself coz my boyfriend and I are working on it, I had a past LDR but it failed coz he got bored and thought it was nearly impossible... This one I hope it won't fail.. But another story is about my professor.. He met his wife on a dating site, they dated for 3 years and then got married in 2013! He is so happy with her and he says its the best decision he made in his life, but he also told us that he had failed 3-4 times before he met his wife 😅 with a women he met, she had her age in her 30's but at their second date she told him she was in her 40's 😆 so be careful when you get to meet someone and food luck 😊 hope I helped 🙈2