Why do guys that are clearly not in my league approach me?

I'm not the most attractive girl but I know I'm attractive and guys that are not even nearly as attractive think they can just get my number, then they call me a bitch when I turn them down. Why even approach me in the first place? It's so confusing.

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, it's stupid to invest anger in you for not responding to them, but I can see why they would think that based on your attitude. The attitude you are projecting in this question is that you feel superior to them. It's fine to say you are not attracted to them, and that should be the end of it (we like what we like). But to say you are out of their league suggests that you base your qualifications for a date solely on their appearances, which can come across as completely shallow. How do you know they don't have qualities that may interest you beyond how they look? I'm not saying date someone you are not attracted to. But if you were a little less judgmental, you might find something worthwhile you never considered, or at a minimum not be accused of being a bitch.

• Yeah appearance wise they're not on my level. I mean, we're adults so let's not lie to ourselves, some people are generally more attractive than others so I'm wondering what goes on in their heads to think I'll give them time of day. I'm not even talking about physical looks I'm talking about priming and just looking after yourself go to the gym, dress well all that junk. I mean you're judged on your looks first usually AND THEN the mushy inside personality stuff.

• Never said looks don't matter. And physical attraction matters if that matters for you. But I'm suspect of anyone who announces they are out of someone's league and complains that they approach them. You must be somewhat conscious about this since you posted anonymously. Your taste and choice of suitors is yours alone, but there's no benefit to you to knock others down to elevate yourself, which let's be real here. That's essentially what you are doing here.

• You're a total bitch! I hope you find a nice pretty asshole one day so you can keep up this image your so desperately holding on to until you die. You wouldn't know true love if it slapped you in the face.

Most Helpful Girl

• Smells likee... c-caatfiiish

What Guys Said 12

• Well, first of all, it's clear from your question that they're right about you being a bitch, so you can't blame them for that.

And to answer your question, it's simple - you're not nearly as attractive as you think you are.

• waaah waaah, poor you

• Are you really that cold? You're not flattered that anyone even wants to talk to you, let alone want to hangout with you? Are you that stuck up that you're actually mad someone approachs you and thinks you're attractive? How about you politely ask for their number and say you'll call them and then throw the number away... Like a lady! Stop being a bitch and suck it up buttercup.

• No idea cause their mental and personality league is way above yours!

• Because they saw a YouTube video that told them they can get any girl they want and looks aren't an issue if you just approach them. And then they read the same thing somewhere else (confirmation), so it must be true then!

• Because most people aren't as superficial and judgmental as you are

• I put so much effort into looking the way I do and you think to come to me with your no effort body and your patchy beard and think I'll find you attractive? Yeah ok let's forget about "superficial" let's be realistic.

• You're not helping your case

• The market doesn't lie. Equilibrium will always stabilize

You're probably not in the league of the hot guys. Also Since tons of men feel women are inferior to men, that puts you right in the league of the guys you feel are below you.

Hum...

• same happens to guys. I have had the fattest ugliest girls think they can get me... just by being forward and in my face etc... its just sad. But it happens to most people. So you are not alone.

• do not expect hot guys to approach you. if you like your league guys go and approach them. i asked this question numerous times: why all things in relationships guys have to do; including being hot and approach girls?

• Just cuz you are super attractive don't mean that you are in a whole other league some guys have game

• I don't know but so sorry if you have to suffer in a world full of ugly people. If I had the money I would buy facelifts and plastic surgery for everyone else to ease your pain.

• Because some girls like you give a guy a chance. If it doesn't work out maybe you at least make a good friend. This question just makes me shake my head -_-

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe they don't realise that you're a superior being from the land of perfection who farts rainbows.