Is racial preference racist?

Why is it?
Why isn't it?

Your opinion.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• no it's not a fetish nor is it racist.

we're influenced by our dna, environment and experiences.

What Girls Said 6

• The only thing that annoy me is when people don't like to date their own race.

• Why does it annoy?

• No I just think it shouldn't be a factor at all. The only reason I date people of my race is because we share a common upbringing. It is what we have in common not our skin that makes us click.

If you only ant to date your race that is one thing. By if you only want to date Asians most Asian women find that creepy. Just like redheads don't like it if they know you only date redheads. It is okay to some degree to have a type but when it is very specific and you never date outside it it makes women feel like dolls.

• True. I've met Asian girls with "white fever", and it was creepy as hell. They wanted to "eat" and "touch" my blue eyes.

• No, i live in Georgia (Europe).
    Here i usually meet white guys. I got used to them, i start liking them. When i imagine my dream guy he is always white, now you read this and you may think that i am racist, but it is not so. I like white guys because i almost don't meet guys of other races. It doesn't mean that i won't date guys of other race. If i like him, of course i will.
    It is surprising that race topic is still actual.
    My friend prefers guys who have hazel eyes, i prefer guys who have blue eyes. Everyone have their preferences.
    It is not essential every topic to connect with racism.

• To some people it is but not to me. All it is is just preference. I'm a white woman who was raised in a predominantly white town so naturally of course, I'm going to prefer white males (this is not always the case with white women, but it is the case with me). This does not mean that I hate other races or that I find them unattractive (every culture has it's beauty in my opinion). I'm just mainly attracted to white males because of familiarity and what I grew up around.

Now, if your preference for your own race stems from hatred towards other races, then it becomes a racial issue but if not, nah.

• I don't think it is. There is a difference between being more attracted to a specific race and hating on a race.

• no its not.. cuz it is personal preference.. you can't control who you are attracted to...

• Racism = hating a race.

If you prefer to date one race over another because you don't find them as attractive it's not like you're saying you hate them. It's just you don't find them as attractive.

What Guys Said 11

• In my view, it is. Writing off people of an entire race as 'unattractive', is certainly racism in my book, unless the person has actually seen every existing man/woman of the race they do not want to date.

• @sjoes006

I can never be in the U. S. because getting a US Visa for people born in India and China, is a tougher task than climbing Mount Everest (due to the huge queue)!

That apart... I wouldn't mind dating Indian women IF they have spent a significant part of their lives outside India, either due to education or something else, and do not possess the typical conservative Indian mentality/culture.

I can see where you're coming from, regarding Arab men. And it makes perfect sense as well.

I suppose I need to watch this show you mention! :)

• I dont know if you'll find it funny though in the U. S. It is popular. I guess it is funny to me because the parents disconnect with the kids is one all people who go from poor to well off experience. It isn't that they are raising their kids in a white neighborhood it is that they are raising their kids in a rich neighborhood. In the U. S. they have a term to trivialize most of the issues the kids complain about, "First World problems".

-my life is over im out of data on my phone plan
      - now that's some first world ass shit right there

• If you mean racial preference regarding whom someone chooses to date, it could be either. That preference could be based on racism, but it wouldn't have to be by any means. A person could simply be attracted to people of their own race without being a racist.

• You like what you like. It doesn't mean you are racist, or not racist. If a person was racist, he/she would likely not date outside of their race. However, if they were not racist, it doesn't mean they will date someone from another race. It just means they prefer someone they identify with/are attracted to.

• There is nothing wrong or racist to have a physical ideal. I like women with pale skin, black hair and blue eyes. When it becomes racist is when you stereotype such as saying or thinking black women do_____ or white women think_______, etc. But to have skin tone preferences you are fine.

• I think if you're just attracted to one race more than others its not racist.
    but if you 100% refuse to date another race and aren't even open to giving them a chance, then its starting to get a little racist.
    Like me for example, I do find white people the most attractive but im not like "The person I date HAS to be white"

• Lol no it's not
    Just a personal preference

"I honestly am more attracted to asians" -> is normal, just a preference
    Now what about this..."People who aren't Asian, are ugly" -> racist af

• "I like Prawn Cocktail crisps, and as a result that must mean I hate every single other flavour of crisp."

• 🙂 I voted

• Not at all. Preference isn't really a conscious thing, we can't help being attracted to some people over others.

• No way. I treat everyone the same raged less of race, I just don't want to marry a woman that isn't white.

• Yes in my view it is racist. It doesn't mean people can't date who they want. Often times people get mad when I say it's racist. They'll say "So I can't date who I want?" Again if you only want to date a certain race that's your choice. I have no say so in that. However, I can express how I feel about the decision. That's my right and I'll gladly exercise such right.