Why do boys get so angry when I turn them down?

I've never gotten into a relationship because it's never felt right to me. Unlike the majority of teens these days, I want to make sure that my relationships are meaningful and full of actual love. Any time I've rejected a guy, I've always been scared of hurting his feelings, so I'm generally very kind about it and explain I want to be friends. However, none of them have ever seemed to get sad, only angry. Is this a problem that only I have had or is it normal? Why do they get so angry with me? Not upset, just angry. Did they expect something from me?

Most Helpful Guy

• because they got their hopes up. a girl being nice to a guy and hanging out a lot is basically equal to leading him on.

• How is that equal to leading someone on? I honestly don't understand. I just like having friends.

• yes i know exactly what you mean xD but you can´t avoid to catch feelings for somebody... and if you do and they are friendly and everything, you can´t help but get the impression, that you might have a chance with her.

• or at least you hope so and being angry at her is just the initial reaction. they feel like it´s unfair and the only person to blame is her xD

What Guys Said 7

• Firstly, women get so angry like this to when men reject them. The reason this happens to both men and women is because no one wants to be rejected and it hurts anyones feelings. However, at the same time you should not date someone and give them false hope as that is worse.

• Because they are arrogant as crap... It's called pride, which is why pride is bad.

-Either that or they are just stupid horny idiots. I mean any start guy would know that "friendship" would or could lead to something else later on, but they dont get it.

• Smart not start, lol

• My logic is flawed? Haha.

Pride: A feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.

Honor: high respect; esteem. Ref: Merit.

Boy oh boy. I wonder how stupid you must feel now. I still don't see abortion fitting into this... Try again, please. I love to see your fucked up comparisons of apples to oranges. And oh boy, here we go again... Titanic... ohhhhhh, yeah I don't give a fuck.

Moral is your entire way of trying to somehow prove that pride/honor = what you say is a loads of shit. This is how your logic works pride/honor = oh bad, very fucking bad, you're an evil dildo. Now reality pride/honor != oh bad, very fucking bad, you're an evil dildo.

The lesson of this? Toaster in a tub.

• @d3adn1nja You didn't read that from a real dictionary though. Mine comes from Websters New World Dictionary 1967. Before all the political society tv/media bull crap.

• At this age guys have a very fragile self esteem, so they see your rejection as an insult to their appearance. It isn't anything you're doing wrong, it's just the guy being a jerk as a defense mechanism to you rejecting them. Don't ever listen to them if they insult you for it, but also don't ever insult them on top of rejecting them.

• If you liked a guy for a while and then he turned you down would you be mad?

• It is normal and automatic for girls to turn guys down.
    And it is normal and automatic for Guys to get angry.

That is why when you meet someone that doesn't seem to care when you turn him down, will probably be the one you are interested in.

• Not something you need to worry about. They were rejected. They need to get over it.

• So essentially, this was one big humble brag for how many guys are after you.

What Girls Said 5

• Why do boys get so angry when I turn them down?
    In my opinion it's male entitlement as I find most guys think they are entitled to or deserving of the gal of their choosing. When said gal doesn't react they way he thinks she should the guy lashes out. Plus I find most males generally aren't capable of dealing with rejection they seemingly tend to either respond with rage or denial.

"However, none of them have ever seemed to get sad, only angry. "
    I have similar observations. in my opinion males do not do sad in this regard because it's not a case of them losing something instead it's a case of them not getting something they feel entitled to.

• Yes they expect you to do what they want you do. At least you saw their true colors they aren't good guys

• cause rejection is a bitch
    ego too high

• Because they got their hopes up and were expecting to work out

• They expect you to have sex with them. They probably acted all nice and stuff and if so they did it just because they thought it would get you to sleep with them, but now they realize they won't get to have sex with you and are mad about it.