What makes a girl date-able versus just a "hookup"?

Most Helpful Guy

• All girls are date-able however it depends on the conditions more so... ie, the guys/girls mood, the place, and the persons values/attitude.

Case in point... the club is a hook-up place, very rarely does anyone attend a club to find their soul mate. Most peoples attitude is... I am here at the bar with my friends so just don't bother me. The music is loud and difficult to talk so lets just not bother.

Conversely, if the guy meets a girl in the library or at a function, and he has his wits about him (ie., no cup of courage), then he is likely interested in the girl for dating purposes. His mood is open, the place is not a meat market, and the girl usually has an open attitude and it is easy to talk to also.

Most Helpful Girl

• if she respects herself and hold herself highly

What Guys Said 17

• Don't fling yourself onto a guy. Don't flaunt your physical attractiveness onto a guy because then they will just take that as the incentive to use you for sex and booty calls but nothing else. A girl is date-able not only by her looks but by who she is as a person... smart, funny, outgoing, shy, loving, caring, determined, athletic,... sharing similar traits with the person she is trying to date... Id date any girl who held the same traits and likes as I do but wasn't a 10/10 anyday. Looks only take you so far and usually it just leads to the bedroom and thats it.

• It depends on the guy and chemistry. If the guy feels really comfortable with the girl, and she makes him feel secure, maybe he might date her.

• that definition depends entirely on the individual and what point he is at in life.

• Where the guy is at in his head, how much he likes a girl.

• If the hookup is fan-fucking-tastic, he would probably want it more than once

• Character traits

• It depends but for me, if they have a great personality, common interests, and we click then I'd consider dating. If she lacks those things and is only physically attractive or just wants to hook up then yeah just hook up material.

• I only hook up with sloots. I only date women. Which one are you?

• easy. long term goals and passion. somebody whos out just to have fun usually has neither, or hasn't thought about it yet.

• A girl that won't "hookup" is date-able.

There are not many things less attractive to a guy, than a girl that gives it up easily.

• every guy can determine which a girl is
    it's just something we're born with

• I dont there's really anything specific besides the fact that if they really want to be dating/serious relationship status. I use to hook up with a lot of great girls but I was only looking to hook-up

• The fact that she wants to date me and not just hook-up

• Just the way she presents herself, we can kind of tell.

• The guy!

• A personality, someone who makes an effort to become aquantinces first before thinking about dating shows the guys that she wants something more than a hookup. Like flirting is welcome but go on a date first before going to anyone's place.

• Cliche alert! It depends on the guy. It's overstated because it's true. I have friends who regularly try to date women I have or would've just hooked up with. Their criteria for dateable is just entirely different from my own. Some only date the hottest girl they can fine. Others only date girls that don't seem like "sluts". I personally have four criteria for women I date vs only hookups. Is she attractive to me? Is she interesting? Do I feel comfortable with her? Is she trustworthy? If she's a yes to all four I date her if not I'm moving on.

What Girls Said 2

• I really don't know. Maybe if she made it clear that she doesn't want to know you but just sleep with you.

• Think its more with personality lol
    What my guys friend told me is that if she's so easy the first time you talk to her Eg if first night you're already making out then she's a hook up not date able

• if you make out on the first date then you're a hook up?

• I never understood that line of thinking. If a man and a woman has good chemistry at the beginning, why wouldn't you think there's more chemistry to come?

In my experience, too many men think a woman is easy/hard, as opposed to interested/disinterested.

• Not exactly.