Should this bother me as much as it does?

My boyfriend had his bday this week. I took him to dinner and a movie. The next day he went out with his son's mom to some fancy restaurant. I found this out on my own. When I asked him what he was doing that night he said watching a basketball game on tv with his son. Today I asked his 7 yr old son if he did anything for his dad's bday? He said they went to a fancy dinner. I'm irritated he didn't tell me the truth. He always tells me everything. Why hide this? I get he'd go out with then as a "family " I have a daughter and her dad and I do that too. They we're together 8 years (not married). Broken up 2 years now. We've been together a yr. My biggest fear is he'll go back to her. And him not saying anything only heightens that fear.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say something, because it's not okay to lie, you're in the same position so if anyone would understand it would be you. Who knows what else he lies about regarding her. Of course thats a fear that he may run back to her, but you can't make someone stay with you, so you can't just hide your feelings and his lies just to keep your relationship, you're going to end up resenting him, and perhaps blowing up in his face one day.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It's possible he lied because he was afraid you would get very upset but that's not really healthy in a relationship. He should have told you and if you had issues then you can talk and resolve them.

• I would feel uneasy too.