Does wealth make the opposite sex more attractive?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I answered no, because I don't think so in the way the question is intended, but it sort of depends. I don't like receiving gifts I can't reciprocate, so it's not the money that makes them attractive, but guys that are more well off seem to have a more mature aura about them. They tend to have better manners and higher standards. (Not all guys are like this of course, but that's why I said it depends) some richer guys tend to be really giving too. I like that trait about them. Not because I want them to give me things or anything, but I'm attracted to generosity in a person.

Most Helpful Guy

• YES Wealth is a form of attraction but LOVE sustains relationship and not wealth.

What Girls Said 12

• To me, nope. I'm not materialistic.

• Yeah, but it's not in the list of things that make people attractive... it's like its own category that may or may not be there.

All things being equal, I'll be more attracted to the wealthier guy. But not being wealthy is not a deal breaker.

I have next to no money. My boyfriend straight up HAS no money. We'll start out what one might consider poor haha and that's fine with me.

• Inb4 Bitter guys start accusing women of lying by voting no.

• Of course hahah! that the way to get me interested but if i don't find rewarding I am out of here. Like gag with amazon card... but than I learn to stay for the people!

• So I feel like I money rolls me in but than I see something better and I stay!

• Other things equal, wealth has always made the opposite sex LESS attractive to me.

• Usually it makes them more of an asshole, so no.

• the ability to earn and save money and be responsible is attractive. that's different from being born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

• Genuinely can't say I've ever really thought about it to be honest. If I like someone then it's not going to matter and if I don't, I'm not going to waste time just because they have money. I'd rather pay my own way (even though some guys don't let you haha).

• It's not that I would talk to a guy that didn't have money, it's that having money is a plus. If we're around the same age you should be able to make something like what I make or more. I want someone on the same level as me

• One of many things that can make a person attractive but it's not the main attribute in my opinion.

• Nope not to me at all! Someone that likes you for your money just likes you for money

• Not really, no. The ambition, passion, and drive to achieve things can be attractive qualities sometimes. I tend to prefer balance, so someone that is a hard worker but not a workaholic (this means average wealth sometimes).

What Guys Said 6

• I really don't blame women for being attracted to wealth. As long as it's not to be materialistic, blah blah.
    I would expect women to seek out a partner that is able to provide well, have a great career, and earn a nice salary.

One major reason why I worked my ass off in business school Lol!

• For many women, yes.

• I'd find a woman without any job or money as attractive to one with a job and lots of cash. It really has no significance when it comes to sexual attraction.

• It makes men look better in women's eyes.

• I think for females...
    Wealth is really attractive thing :)

• Not if you have your own...

Although one girl I like because she is rich...