Will a future girlfriend be ok with the fact that my best friend and I tried dating?

I met her through a dating site we tried dating for two months then it went nowhere. We won't ever try dating again there is nothing romantic between us in any way. by the way I have no current relationship I just want to know because I might pursue a crush.

Most Helpful Girl

• My husband and his best female friend sort of dated but both felt like they were kissing their siblings. She ended up marrying his friend. We're all pretty good pals. At first I was a little insecure because I had heard a bunch of lies when I was dating a different friend of my husband's befor he and I got together. After learning the truth and how little they actually did I felt a lot better

• If they did more but felt no connection would it still be ok?

• I know that they went to second base originally I thought they'd had sex while she was married. Turned out that was a big fat lie but I was still ok with the relationship when I thought that was what happened. I was still insecure because I found her to be really pretty but I moved past it.

Most Helpful Guy

• My best friend and I were together for like 4 days. It didn't work out and we stayed bff. She actually helped me later get a girlfriend and I told her about it and she had no problem.

What Girls Said 5

• Depends on the future girlfriend, I guess.

And how far into the future this future girlfriend shows up.

• If the answer is no, then you have some homework to do in the trust-building department. Once you build sufficient trust, the answer will be yes.

If the answer could never ever possibly be yes, then yr hypothetical girlfriend is way, way too much of a control freak, and someone needs to step up and put a lid on that.

• No it's not a big deal at all in my opinion :)

• I would.. If you stopped being best friends with her. But if not then nope.

• It depends. I can't speak for other women, but I don't really see a problem as long as there is no romantic interest while we were dating.

What Guys Said 2

• I had that experience and chose to break up with the friend to preserve my relationship with my girlfriend (later my wife, and still later, my ex-wife.) Her jealousy was a sign that I ignored and my decision was a mistake.

• Yes.