Would you be upset if a date canceled plans on you at the last minute?

My friend had a date with a guy and he canceled twenty minutes before the official date time, he said his sister that he hadn't seen in a while is in town from another state and he made plans with her. Is this a good excuse? I call bullshit and say she shouldn't waste her time on him.

Keep in mind they had two dates before this where things went well

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that he already made plans with you means that he didn't care whether or not he keeps them. To cancel at the last minute is very wrong. he should have considered making plans with his sister for another day or at least earlier/later than your meeting that day. Unless he truly forgot about his plans with you, there's no excuse for him to have done that.

• Thank you very much for MHGO.

• You think his sister was like "you don't love me if you don't cancel your date, so hang out with me."? In my mind, it's a lot more likely that she lived somewhere else and he didn't get to see her except every couple of years or something. Hell, maybe she lived in a different country and was only back for a little while.
      . it does depend on the situation. We lack details.

• @Rawrzz Yes, that's correct. We lack details. I'm sorry, but I had the implication from you that THAT is what the sister would say. Sorry if I'm wrong about that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I get pissed when that happens. My boyfriend did that to me once. Once. And once only. Hell hath no fury like the hellfire Alex rained on Jason's head. He was very much aware of how giant of a mistake he made.

If your friend's guy knew the sister was coming why did he double book himself?

• He did it as a last minute thing , he was talking to her an hour prior to their date

• Geez women get so touchy on small issues these days

• We made plans on Tuesday to go to lunch on Wednesday. Wednesday came. 10 am. 11. 12. 1. 2. No call. No text. Nothing. I finally called his dad. Turns out he decided at 10 to play video games instead with his friend and not bother to call and tell me. Touchy my ass. I was pissed.

What Guys Said 8

• I would accept it but I would be cautious going forward. I would be thinkng "he didn't know she was coming in town? He just decided to call me, how long did he know he was going to need to cancel?". On the otherhand, I can see that is sister or family said that he shoukd really go out with his sister since she hasn't been here in a longtime and she will have to leave soon. So, this would make me caitious and just see how it goes from here but one more thing, and I would check out.

• Makes it seem like they're rejecting.

• It depends. Family comes before a third date, if his story is true. Now if he tries afterwards to get a new date going I personally would be ok and be fine with it.

• I wouldn't reschedule. I'd only see her again if she did all the planning.

• Would I be upset? No.

• I'd be annoyed not upset.

• Lol sometimes I don't even cancel, I just don't show up

• Yes and i also call bullshit

What Girls Said 4

• I would have been understanding if he texted me a few hours before our date and explained he had family in town. But 20 minutes is stupid.

• No, just disappointed. I understand shit happens and if our previous dates went well then its all good.

• Yes i will kind of upset but I won't quit him just because of this reason. At least if he have a suitable attitude.

• no, he's lying... anyone who cancels last minute is lying.. everyone knows that..