Do men dislike it when a girl is taller than them?

I love high heels, but when I wear them I am taller than most of the men, that I know. I don't mind it, but a few times I've been asked to wear flats when we go out... So I was wondering - is it really that big of a deal for most men?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I am taller than all da shawtys. (6'2" in my bare feets, 6'8"-6'9" in "the usual")

As for said shawtys, I've never really faced a shortage. (A shortage! LOOK HOW I DID THAT)

I mean, who knows, mb 99 percent of the potential suitors have run screaming away, horror-flick-style, unbeknownst to me. Possible, I suppose. But that remaining 1 percent has still been plenty.

Next to my 5'11"-ish husband, I still feel like a teeny tiny bashful little girl, even after almost 16 years together.

__

Gurr-llll!
    Who the HELL "asked you to wear flats"? Are you freaking kidding me now.
    That's just terribly un-classy. And uncultured.

Not to mention just plain stupid. Y'all SEEN how good that looks? Legs for days + heels = legs for years and years and years.

Tsk tsk.

What Guys Said 30

• It wouldn't bother me but being around 6'5" I don't usually encounter it.

• NO!
    Sometimes taller means adjusting position (often closer!) when dancing, that's all

Even with "too tall" the advantages become obvious if she's well endowed and doesn't mind getting close... in your face

Most tall gals I know capture taller guys by being a bit more aggressive toward them

• I think most girl want their man to be taller, and vice-versa. I've rarely seen couple where the girl is taller than the guy so I guess it is an issue!

• Rarely seeing couples where the girl is taller doesn't mean it's an issue in itself. On average, males are taller than females so right away you'll have more couples where the guy is generally larger.

• @kaylaS91 Oh, no, I just reflexively thought "Maybe he gives between 0 and 2 fucks."

If you didn't catch that, GOOD. There is hope for you yet. (:

• @kaylaS91 Assumption? No. I'm talking about all the people I've seen. Not creating stories or using 2 person as a fact... This is about many people and about what i've seen pretty much everywhere. Yes , I've seen some 6' girls but they were with still taller guys. Now I understand why you were so agressive towards me.. You aren't defending the asker you are defending your own couple... Glad for you that your boyfriend is smaller than you but that isn't my business and it is far from being a popularity. My comment was my opinion for the asker, not about you and your boyfriend.

• I wouldn't care butt I know girls do. Most girls 5'6 or over want a guy 6ft+.
    They may date a shorter guy but he's never her first choice.

• Yes. I've never crushed on a girl who's taller than me. But I don't say to myself "I will never be attracted to a girl taller than I am".

• www4.pictures.zimbio.com/.../...%2BRSFzka_Gme3l.jp
    If a guys girlfriend is taller than him I feel nothing but respect for the guy!
    I'd definitely date a taller girl.

• No problem dear, I will wear high heels too.. I love tall babes I myself am 180cms which is more then usually for 'Asian'. My average height should be around 168, but good thing I realized that height was necessary and pulled myself 6-7cms more... How tall are you not a deal breaker until height of 2 meters...

• I won't deny that some men do... but... personally? Hell no.

If they're insecure with the fact that you're taller than them... do you really what them anyway?

• Why would you ditch someone based on their insecurities?

• @Soyeah999 like I said in the first post, it'd depend on a lot of things.

To me, confidence is very sexy. And feeling emasculated by something like that... isn't very confident. The thing that attracted me to my wife was her confidence and I'd like to think that's what attracted her to me.

It'd depend on a lot of things, but it'd definitely be a negative that they felt emasculated by something small like that.

• I agree but I think really you should try and cater for insecurities and help them get over it rather than deeming them not confident enough. I find confidence attractive too, but I don't mind small insecurities. I get insecure when I'm taller than my boyfriend, and if he wanted to break up with me for that then I'd think he was a total dick. (Not saying you're a dick by the way, this is theoretical)

• I'm like 5'5. Most girls are taller than me.
    It sucks.

• High heels are sexy, my lady.
    Dress properly, feminish. And your guy will be definitely proud of your presentation overall.

• Nope, I love tall girls, even if they are taller than me (I'm 5'10).

• I have absolutely NO problem with it im 5'5" and i feel no shame or uneasiness standing next to a tall woman but lets be honest here 99% of women dont like short guys

• I like women taller than me. I've found the biggest barrier to tall women/short man relationships is the women.

Tall women generally aren't attracted to men who are the same height as them or shorter.

• I wouldn't give two sh*ts. I am 1.85m/6' 2" so I know that I'm tall myself, and if my girlfriend happens to be taller I really couldn't care less. Now whatever kind of freakishly tall children we'd produce, that would be something to see.

• Nope I love tall chicks, There was this volleyball chick who was like 6'2sh and used to wear high heels all times. Loved her longer legs lol and besides I don't see problem in that, I can make godzila look small OP

• I don't mind it at all. But i always feel as if the girl will mind it and feel self concious.

• i don't care. if you're taller than 6'3, you're a giant to begin with so it doesn't really matter.

• well I'm 6'5" so if you are taller than me than... :P

• Not at all I welcome it

• High heels are a big turn on for me, but I'm 6'2 so I have met very few women who are taller than me

• Most of the time, yeah and even if the man is 6 foot or taller.

• I don't care if she's taller than me. It actually makes me feel more high-status.

• i'd prefer i be a taller. even if it's just an inch.

dislike, no.

• Not to me anyway.

• yes its unattractive for most men

• It's not a problem at all. I love tall women.

• I dont mind that much

• I am 6. But I m sure after wearing high heels you would be still shorter than me :P

• I really couldn't care less

• I honestly don't care... however... I have found that women are tall typically shun shorter men.

Like this girl refused to date me because she was 6'2" and she wanted a taller man -_-.

• I get why. If you're tall then dating someone short (so there's an even bigger difference in height than with an average person) would just be too awkward.

• It's only awkward if you think it is.

What Girls Said 6

• My guess is majority of men would be okay with same height as them or less, most couples have a taller male and shorter female, and biologically, men have always overall been taller than women. It may be a comfort thing for most guys.

But culturally, now more and more men are comfortable with taller women. I wonder if it's because models are tall... and these women are praised as beautiful, lean, graceful, more leggy, and more proportional. There are probably also guys who genuinely don't care.

Best bet is to just ask the guy you date what he is comfortable with.

• Those men must be super insecure... but yeah I've been asked to wear flats too... a lot of times..

• geez how tall are you? I seriously don't care though a woman should be able to enjoy what makes her stand out. A woman can be exotic, busty, have a nice body, beautiful but if they are tall its a problem and I'm like what? I'm 6'1 though so it isn't everyday I see a girl taller

• @theyouofmusic I am 5 7"... so can be 5 10" in heels...

• Honestly, if you're comfortable wearing heels then you should rock them! Anyone else's opinion should be irrelevant to you and if you're shorter than the guy without heels then I see no reason why he should have a problem with you being somewhat taller in heels. Confidence is key both on your part and on his otherwise him stopping you from wearing heels is a reflection of his insecurities.

• every guy is afraid of strong independent looking woman but just do what u do best and rock those high heels no matter what any of those people say

• i think it's because men prefer it when their gfs are shorter then them but for your male friends to want you to be shorter then them is weird in my opinion.
    I don't know why since height isn't that much of a big deal

• Most men do only if they're a bit shorter than average. But some don't care