Should I tell my ex that I started dating new people?

So basically my ex just wanted to be friends because he didn't like the whole title and pressure of being in a relationship. He still wanted to remain friends and he even still wanted to remain intimate. It's been months before I've decided that this is not ultimately something that I wanted. I can't keep sleeping with a guy who I'm not in a romantic relationship with becuase I have feelings for him. He didn't even sound sure about us. He just said that he'd see where it goes as friends. We've dated for 4 months and knew one another prior and he wants to "see where it goes"? I was pretty offended, but I didn't show that I was and went along with the flow. I joined a dating site two weeks ago and met two guys. One whom I actually known before and he literally lives 10 mins away and the other one seems like a really great guy. Both good guys who really know what they want. I'm leaning more towards the one who I've known because I never knew that he had a thing for me, he's close and he wants a serious relationship, therefore we're on the same page. I want to just be honest with my ex. I haven't seen him in so long, but we speak on the phone a lot. Should I just be honest and tell him that I'm meeting new people or just keep it to myself?

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need to tell him anything, none of his business. If you don't want to be anything other than basic friends, that is all you need to say to him.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, dont tell him. Thats what you WANT to do BC you want him to know. Maybe he doesn't wanna know that you're dating or he doesn't care. Just do your own thing. If he wanted to know if you are dating then he will ask. Dont bring it up BC then it will be awkward and if you are gonna dating someone you might wanna start talking less to your ex.

What Guys Said 2

• Just start dating the other guy that you're into. If your ex texts you, tell him that you're dating now. Don't just come out of nowhere and tell him you're dating.

• Tell them for what..

• Out of respect. Just so he's aware I guess

• I mean, has he ever told you he met someone new? Look at it that way. I'm sure you aren't the only girl he's been messing with. So if he hasn't told you about a possible new love interest. Why go outta your way and tell him. Especially if you haven't even seen him in a long time. I'm sure wherever he is. He's doing his own thing.

• You're right. Thanks for the clarity.

What Girls Said 2

• Be honest! It wouldn't be fair if you didn't.

• Do whatever you want to do, you're not longer with him