Is it racist if I am hesitant to approach white guys?

I have approached all races of men and my ex boyfriend was white. Even I am mixed with white.

I figured hey if I want to talk to a guy I should try approaching them. I don't do it all the time but in my experience when I approached white guys and gotten to know them they seem arrogant as if they are too good for women.

Also, they seem like they are scared of non-white people. One time I was walking in line at a restaurant and this white guy flinched as if I was going to hurt him. I mean why would I want to date a guy who is scared of me?

And when I'm out in public the white people seem scared when there are other non whites around

I find white guys attractive and I am open to dating all races but

Some white guys have approached me as if they are doing me a favor
I have heard white guys say things like that about black women which is why I am hesitant. And the only time I hear about mixed girls from white guys is because according to white guys we look better because we are mixed and it seems like a sexual thing

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm white and I don't mind. I don't think it's racist.

When people are accustomed, they don't really react so much.
    But if they aren't, then strange reactions will likely occur.

I used to be nervous around black folks and mexican folks when I was younger. Then I got to know some of both, now they're just folks to me. Same as any white person.

Color truly is irrelevant when it comes to who people are, but that doesn't mean everyone has realized that though. Some don't want to.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not racist at all since I'm assuming you don't feel that a certain race is superior.

You are discriminating though. Not all white men are the same but those that you approached seem to be clearly irrational fools who you wouldn't want to be around anyway (as you stated).

I would continue to approach if I were you.

What Guys Said 13

• Tbh, you sound like another of these black people on GAG who are angry that white people won't date you. Most people date within their race. This includes the vast majority of black women, so it's pretty lame of you to be whining that white guys seem "arrogant." Black women are more up themselves than anyone.

• I'm not angry that white men won't date me. I get approached by white men on a daily basis. Sounds like you have a superiority complex. You are an arrogant white guy. My ex boyfriend was not a arrogant white guy.

• LOL that's a typographical error, not a grammatical error. That GED isn't serving you very well right now.

• Lol I have a high school diploma and a college degree. What's wrong with a GED. Didn't your mom get one after she had sex with you?

• Don't worry about it. Some might view it as racist, but it's not. What it is is fear of the unknown. You don't know white folks as well as those of your kind, so that is the primary source of your apprehension. I say "go for it!" I knew one sister that I really really wanted to have her go for it with me. God, I miss her!

• racist - "a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another."

quit asking dumb questions.

• That was extremely uncalled for.

• Quit commenting

• im surprised the admins did not take down this opinion, its completely antagonistic

• It's not racist for you to approach/not approach whoever you'd like, but it does seem like you're being prejudicial. The generalization's you're implying are what makes it racist

• Like if I said "based on these various encounters I've had with black girls both in groups and individually they're kind of masculine" You would think that'd be a pretty racist thing to say right?
      Do I believe that? No, but that's the gender-swapped equivalent.

• It is always a sexual thing, but that has nothing to do with race and everything to do with gender. If a guy tells you your shoes look great you should take it as one of two things:
      1. A vacuous compliment he gave because he couldnt come up with anything better
      2. I'd like it if you kept those shoes on while I fucked you.
      You might think that's "disgusting" or that "men are pigs", but that's just the way we work sorry...

The real question is why do you assume that only when white guys say it? I mean it's entirely true, but it has nothing to do with the fact that they're white...

• Mixed girls have a skin-tone that almost all men are drawn to. Even if 80% of the models are porcelain white chicks most of us want something at least a little darker. Colorism exists in white communities as well, but works in the opposite direction. We give each other as much shit about being "pale" as y'all do for being dark.

• If you are treating them different because of the color of thier skin then yes, that is prejudice based on skin color (aka racism). However in all of your examples you are picking out behaviour of white men that are apparently doing the same thing to you. I would encourage you this. Realize that people are individuals, not members of a group. You'll find both assholes and good people of all colors. I myself am a white man and have dated a few black girls and they have all been fun (at least at first... obviously they ended) if you know what you want... go for it. You'll find it at some point.

• White guys have approached me too and in all honesty they act like they are doing me a favor by dating them. I do realize there are assholes in every race. I never said there are not any in other races.

Why did your relationships end? Did you not take then seriously?

• Well, I have dated 2. The firsted ended because we were young and was really not a "grown up" relatonship I guess. It was back when we were both 20-21 and we were both just far to wild and free getting careers started and what not it just didn't work.

The second lasted a little under 2 years... that ultimately fell apart for a couple if reasons including our differing opinons on children and the fact that her sisters stopped liking me at some point and were pressuring her to leave.

• So to answer your question... the first I thought I was taking it seriously even though it retrospect i now realize niether of us really were. And the second one yes I did take it seriously and I did see a future with her but sadly it just didn't work out.

• Soooo what are you asking? You initially asked if having hesitancy in approaching someone who's white is racist (it's not) and then you went off on a rant about white men.

It's obvious you're not comfortable around white men for numerous reasons, if that's the case, don't be around them. No one is forcing you to hand around those you don't like, so just avoid them.

• I never said I hang around white guys

• You're mixed so why should we care anyway? Halfbreeds are ugly.

• No its just you who are ugly

• At least you can read my mind. You are like a well trained dog

• really you need to get a life, you have nothing better to do than to insult people online

• People on this site are so weird when it comes to white people.

• I don't worship white guys

• My first real boyfriend was half black and white

• Just use the search box and see what I mean.

• Nope, only if you were hesitant to approach a member of the opposite species

• Not at all.

• You sound like you really have some issue with white guys, like you're angry with us or something. You may be killing your chances from the start by projecting a negative attitude.

The reality is that most white guys aren't going to want to date you. That may make them seemseem arrogant to you, but people are entitled to choice in who we date. Most girls reject most guys, so welcome to our world. Approaching others and starting a relationship isn't easy.

• I never felt that any guy was entitled to date me so shut up

• Lmao my ex boyfriend was white and the last guy I talked to was Asian. It has nothing to do with rejection. I have been rejected by guys who are not white too. Last month a Asian guy ghosted me

• I'm not angry at white guys

• No.

You're not.

• As I white guy myself do whatever floats your boat and dint worry about it

What Girls Said 1

• LOL you sound totally butthurt that you can't get a white guy.

• How do I sound butthurt? I date men from all races. Lmao. Try again

• Not my fault that you worship white guys lmao. Sounds like you have issues

Not my problem sir

• you are just mad because your boyfriend left you for a black girl, now you are all bitter. ha ha
      and look at this comment in this link that you posted, its proves you are just a racist
      drive.google.com/open