Casual sex? wrong or right?

im 23 and never had sex. im a beautiful woman and can get anyone I like but im too reserved. I grew up in a culture where sex is a taboo. Im very very shy in bed and had my first kiss at 22. Am I missing out? and should I have casual sex before im 30 and ever experienced? will I regret this decision? should I live for myself? or think about my future husband?

Most Helpful Guy

• If you can't make up your own mind about this young lady, asking people this will tantamount to "too many cooks spoil the broth" :)

I have a very different take on such things than most. And these aren't things that are meant to be opined on against a one paragraph question. Why not even if you write a book on it :)

This is something you need to decide on and take forward by yourself.

We tend to look for perfection in life and relationships. I prefer looking for efficiency and compatibility - keeps me happier.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should do whatever you want and feels right to you, if it was your choice you shouldn't regret it and you can't only think about your future husband because right now it's all about you!

What Guys Said 14

• I personally look down on casual sex. I think its gross, unevolved, and i think people who participate in it have very little self control--and that's just with people in general.

If we are talking about a potential girlfriend, I'd MUCH rather her be a virgin. If she's had one or two partners, I MIGHT go out with her, but its more likely to turn her down. It'd really bother me, and I'd be super hesitant at least.

• I think it's ok, I have no qualms with dating someone who has had many patners, so long as they are clear of diseases and agree to get tested.

But that's not the point, the point is that no one can make that decision but you, and no one has any place to judge said decision.

• There is NOTHING wrong with not having sex, it's so publicised and almost socially unacceptable to not have sex before *insert age here* but there is no pressure, wait for the right guy and the experience will be even more pleasurable.

• yeah, on heartache, std's unexpected pregnancies, and, spiritual damage, and a bad rep. from various sources, i've learned that, for a female, the first time time is a very emotional thing. meaning, if things do go wrong, it can be very hard for you to trust again.

• there is nothing wrong with casual sex but you aren't that old... just wait a bit and you'll find the right guy to have your first time with. but if it's what you want... just do it

• Do what you feel is right, if you want to have sex then have sex.

• Wow, some poeple probably think you're weird but theyre just jealous! I hope you land a man that deserves you!

• I was 19, mostly due to some child hood trauma at 9, but I think you should keep holdin out, youve made it so far!

• Depends

• Think about your future husband.

• think about your future husband is best thing to do, nothing compaired with having a family.

• why not? if you are hot, then you'd have no issues. regret? no, not really. if you use protection or dont get pregnant.

• its fun why not!

• It's fine, take your time

• I'm going to be completely candid and straight forward. Yes you will regret it.

What Girls Said 5

• You're not missing out at all hun. Stay pure and wait for the right guy to slip a ring on your wedding finger. If he loves you enough? He'll wait for the right time and not risk anything knowing that it may put you in misery in the the long run. Being pure allows you to be praised by different guys who wants a fresh lady.

• It's neither. It's completely up to you and what you want. Do you think if you slept with someone that you would lose your self-respect for giving it away like that? The decision lies with you.

• You should do what you think is best! If you stick to your gut feeling/conscience you will never regret your decision to have a one nighter or to wait

• Think about your future husband, girlfriend!! I have yet to meet even one person who regretted waiting til they were married! And being raised the same way it sounds like you were, I think its highly likely that if you decide to give it away to just anyone you will regret it and probably end up hurting emotionally more than you expected.

• Don't just do it cause you feel your to old wait till you find the right person and I Don't mean your husband wait till you find someone that makes you feel special and he's worth you