Assumption/Hypothetical 1: If you don't have Tinder, pretend you do for this example
Assumption/Hypothetical 1a: You are a single woman
Assumption/Hypothetical 2: Your Facebook profile is set to public
Assumption/Hypothetical 3: Your Instagram is set to public
Note 1: Tinder shows you your matches with "mutual connections" on Facebook, therefore, if a guy sees you on Tinder and sees that you and him have mutual friends on Facebook, it would be very easy for him to find you with just your first name alone.
Assumption 4: The guy is average to above average in the looks department
Assumption 5: Nothing about him spells creep on Facebook. He has quite a lot of friends, pictures up with friends and some girls, you can see he has a job and some decent interests.
Assumption 6: You haven't been matched with this guy on Tinder and/or you don't go on Tinder much
Here is the message:
"Hey, I saw you on Tinder, I see that you are friends with... I just wanted to drop in on Facebook to say hi, I hope you don't mind the message and friend request, I would really like to get to know you."
Or some variation of the above message, what would you feel?
- I would be very flattered and would probably get to know him (add back and message back)18% (11)
- I would be flattered but would want to be friends only (add back and message back)13% (8)
- I would be neutral and would add him as a friend but nothing else (add back but no message)13% (8)
- I would be neural and would be non-responsive (wouldn't add back or message back)10% (6)
- I would be mildly creeped out and would be non-responsive (wouldn't add back or message back)28% (17)
- I would be highly creeped out and would be non-responsive (wouldn't add back or message back or would block)18% (10)
Most Helpful Girl
I would be flattered, cause he went out of his way to find me. I might be a little creeped out if he kept overly pursuing, but if he left it as that and let me take my time and make up my mind then I would probably get to know him. The key is to be laid back about the rest of it, don't keep messaging if she doesn't respond or seem to overly interested.0