How easy is it to really get a date?

I know that this is not a one size fits all answer but I want to get an idea of really how easy is it for an average looking guy to get a date without the assistance of a dating site. Here's why...

I recently broke up with my boyfriend after a few months of dating. We met by chance if you want to call it that where we were at a Starbucks and our drinks got mixed up and the rest was history.

When we first started to sleep together, I learned that he got out of a 2 yr relationship which she cheated on him so he hastily moved back to his home town and six months later, was when we met.

Now that we are broken up, there is a part of me that wants him back but somewhere in the back of my mind, I wonder how easy it is for him to get a date whereas me, the average looking girl does not get a date often at all... maybe once a year if I'm lucky? LOL

Which leads me to wonder, you, the guy- how easily can you get a date without the aid of a dating site?

Most Helpful Guy

• For me, it's bit difficult, not going to lie. Partly because I feel like I only get one shot with everything, so I'm so careful about how I go about dating someone. I think I've done better hooking up, than actually going on a date... That probably says that I'm boring to get to know when sex isn't initially involved...

Anyway, I have better odds stumbling on to a lost $20.00 bill than actually proactively finding a date. For me every girl I dated were someone I stumbled upon (and even that's nerve wrecking) but they lost interest in me. Again I can't keep a girls interest to save my life. So yes, compared to my peers who have no problem, it's difficult for me anyway.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• at my age in dating the females have all the power during dating and each girl has many to choose from so guys always feel like a second choice, as guys get older tho something changes and late 20's early 30's the roles sort of switch and the guys usually are in control relationship wise probably because of maturity of both sexes have evened out when it comes to dating and people become caring and not still self obsessed from being praised all the time when you're 18...

• If you go were the girls are and you are actively seeking, then fairly quickly, because like you said girls don't get asked out that often so they are likely to say yes to a date if single. I think it works the same for girls if they are actively initiating conversation.

• It is not that easy to get a date

• For either gender picking someone desperate and/or less attractive by superficial standards of physical attraction averages-easy... To actually seriously find someone of quality and comparability for more than sex or vane ego petting...

Almost impossible.

• Pretty easy

• It's easy. But I'm stupid picky so I don't date much b/c my type is very blue moonish...

• Not as easy as a woman can

What Girls Said 0