Is it bad if me and my boyfriend have baby fever? What should we do?

He's 18 I'm 16 bout to be 17. We are around his baby sister all the time. We want one of our own and we want our little family to start.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just ride the feeling out.

You aren't prepared to have a baby, you still have a lot to learn before you can teach.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's pretty normal for some people to want a baby, that doesn't mean it would be smart or responsible to have one though. Babies are a LOT of work and you have to think not only about yourself anymore, but this new little life you've brought into the world. You have to consider your living arrangements, your financial situation, your support system, etc.

Having a baby at your age can completely alter your future. If you're not done with school yet and do not have a stable job then I'm not sure how you think you can provide for a child. Intentionally having a baby at such a young age would be very irresponsible in my opinion.

• I mean I don't have a stable job but he does and he makes a lot of money and I pretty much live at his house and currently in my junior year of high school and sophomore year of college

• Two stable incomes are better than one, especially when a baby is involved.

• Also, having a baby is likely to have a significant impact in your ability to finish school, in a timely manner at least. Like I said, it would be very irresponsible.

What Guys Said 7

• You are too young to have a baby. Ask someone if you can "borrow" a baby for a few days. After you have been kept awake 3 nights in a row by a bay with colic, diarrhea, or a respiratory infection, and changed 100 diapers in 3 days, you may feel differently about having a bambino.

• No, please stop. Wait until his and your career start first and save some money

• 18 and 16 are a little young to be thinking about babies - Plenty of time in the future when you are more settled - At least finish school

• I dated a girl who wanted a baby so bad. She was like in love with the idea. She used to baby sit all the time too. I don't think it's weird. It's actually just natural. Just don't go popping out a baby without being married. And even then, don't get married b/c you want a baby. Find the RIGHT person.

• Wait until you are stable...

Jobs

Home

Relationship

Etc.

Don't rush into things like this it would be irresponsible.

• Hahaha that's cute but don't have a baby so soon!!! You are very young right now... And whether you Feel are just your hormones.. :-)

• Yes! Come on.

• Come on what yes doesn't help me any

• You guys need a stable relationship first and a good plan for a future which includes school and/or a decent job AND your own place

What Girls Said 5

• NOOO! do not have a baby i had the baby fever at 15 my ex was 17 we tried to have one but luckly i didn't end up pregnant seeing how we both depended on our parents we just couldnt have a baby so NO sweetie just buy a doll and play like its a real one lol

• Yeah, you should definitely wait.

• NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Maybe its your hormones or something. But no you have a big life ahead of you. And please dont take this the wrong way bur you guys aren't mature yet to understand the responsibility
    My friend was in HS she had just turned 18 he was 19 and a drop out. They ended up running away getting married. She was pregnant before they were married they both wanted a kid so bad. Now fastforward 5 years she is alone still living with her parenta and she is no longer with the guy. He was a stupid lazy ass. So my point is enjoy life girl please. Everything will come at the right time

• Don't do it.

• Tbh I think that is a bad idea, as how long have you been together? What if you ain't together a year or 2 down the line from now. Also having a kid may seem cool right now but it's a lot of hard work, night feeds, changing nappies/diapers. Plus you are both still young, don't be old before your time, you only live once!