My boyfriend wants to know if I want to do something for Valentine's day. I said no and now he's upset. What should I do?

I don't like celebrating Valentine's day because that's the day I saw my grandmother's dead body. (viewing the body for her funeral.) I just get very depressed around that time.

And last year the day before Valentine's day my cousin was buried... There's nothing special about Valentine's day to me.

I haven't told him this yet because he was upset with me.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should tell him, he would understand and probably want to give you something good to remember about valentines day

What Guys Said 2

• Well, to me there is nothing really for him to get upset you should tell him that you are not one of those who like celebrations as such

• In this situation, you should be fine after you tell your boyfriend why you do not want to celebrate Valentine's day.

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe explain this to him. You could maybe hangout at your house or do something weeks after valentines day.