I think I am in love with him, do I keep it to myself?

I am a senior in college and have been dating a guy for about three months... I know that seems like a short time to fall in love, but I really feel more than infatuation with him. Everything about him is intoxicating to me... I almost feel high when I am with him. The smell of his skin, the sound of his voice, everything about him makes me happy. I know it sounds like just a honeymoon phase but everything about him including his flaws are things that I can't get enough of. Since were in college we never had the will you be my girlfriend conversation but we are exclusive and everyone knows it. I know he cares about me a lot as well but I just dont know how the L word will effect him... should I keep it in?

Most Helpful Guy

• "everything about him including his flaws are things that I can't get enough of"
    Hugely problematic. And the fact that you feel more than infatuated with him... Means you are infatuated with him. You are saying that you are infatuated with him and you are in love with him.

Figure this out. I can't help you with this... All I can do is point out you have a problem here, cluelessginger.

Now, you *think* you are in love with him and you are wondering if you should use the L word.. No. Fucking, don't.

• Whoops that's supposed to be directed to Sarahmck, the original poster, not cluelessginger.

Most Helpful Girl

• As strong as it is, it is infatuation. Have you seen how he acts with his family? Around kids or animals? People in serving positions like waiters? How responsible is he? Have you trusted each other with your deepest secrets yet? Do you know where his values lie when it comes to politics and religion? Are you willing to let go of the current way you live your life? Love is NOT a feeling, it is a choice to give yourself to another person, who in this case, you haven't learned all that much about in terms of a lifetime commitment.

What Guys Said 1

• Keep it in; three months seem just a short amount of time

What Girls Said 3

• A senior in college at 16? You must be a genius. Three months is way too soon for the L word, especially if you haven't had the 'will you be my girlfriend' talk. If you want this work, I would advise that you take it slow. Go step by step. Start with the girlfriend conversation. Sometimes skipping steps, screws things up. And yes, you're in the honeymoon phase, so please don't make any drastic decisions.

• What if you are past the 'will you be my girlfriend' talk, but it hasn't been three months?

• @Lonely_Blue_Moon At 14, I don't think you have to be worried about using the L word. You can try saying it with a card on Valentine's day. Good Luck !!

• wait a bit more till you can stand to keep it to yourself

• I let the 'L' word slip out one time in a very similar situation. It was 2 months of exclusive dating. He didn't say a word and I thought he didn't hear me and I was happy because I wanted to wait. At 3 months he told me he loved me and that he had since he met me. He always laughed and said he was too nervous to say it back the first time. (He is a dork ;) that I love to death! It's been more than a year now. To be honest, if I were you, I would just let him know. If it's meant to be then so be it. Don't hide your feelings much longer, it'll just eat away at you!