How long should I wait to ask her out?

I recently transferred to a different job (same company, different job). During this time, I have been helping my replacement learn the tricks of the trade. I really like her and think she is an interesting and funny. Today she finally started her shift. I thought of asking her out today. However I wrote her a list of how the schedule works (she trained on first shift and works on second) along with several tips. I hesitated to ask her feeling it was too soon. The fact that I wrote those tips for her just made it seem like I would be too much of a phony and that maybe I should wait a few days. Should I go ahead and ask or wait a week or two?

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• "It's a terrible thing, I think, in life to wait until you're ready. I have this feeling now that actually no one is ever ready to do anything. There is only now. And you may as well do it now. Generally speaking, now is as good as a time as any. "

-Hugh Laurie.

Ask her out when the opportunity arises.

• If she gives you the right signals immediately.