Should I cut her off or keep her?

I'm in love with this girl, and she clearly knows that I do because I told her. I asked her if she could see us as more than friends, she replied that she couldn't see it and that she doesn't want to give me false hopes as well. We're very good friends, and I don't want to cut her off, but I'm at the point where I think it needs to be done. I also think she lowkey has feelings for me, but doesn't want to express them. Should I cut her off or what? Please Help!

What Girls Said 1

• Move on and focus your feelings to someone who will reciprocate it. You can stay friends with her but no need of constant contact.

What Guys Said 1

• I have been in that situation. For me, It was with my best (female) friend at the time. We grew closer, but when it got down to it, she wasn't interested in me more than a good friendship. I personally decided to stay, and try to be friends. The months after that decision were terrible. I obviously still had feelings for here which weren't going anywhere. This resulted in some awkward moments where she removed my arm when I put it around her without thinking. Eventually, I got over my feelings for her, but it took a few months to get to that point. When she fell in love with a good friend of mine, all my feelings rushed to the surface and I had to deal with them; again/

I think it is best that you do in fact cut her off. She told you directly and clearly that she doesn't see it and that she doesn't want to give you false hope. It is nice of her that she is this clear about it. Whether she actually does have lowkey feelings for you or not is not relevant; as she already decided that it is not to be. Unrequited love is always painful, but you get to decide for how long it remains painful.