I stalk my ex on Whatssap. Am I crazy?

We broke up 2 weeks ago and it has been a hell. We haven't speak in 5 days and now I feel that I am obsessed.

For example, sometimes I check his last connection and when he is online for a long time I picture him talking with other girl or I read and read all of our past texts.

Is my behavior unhealthy or is normal and part of the break up?

Most Helpful Guy

• I promise you, follow my advice STRICTLY and you'll get over him in no time:
    -Get out your phone and set an alarm right now for half an hour.
    Put on some sad music/music you associate with him and do your best to upset yourself - you need to grieve for the relationship.
    During this time you're welcome to stalk him on social media and look at photos of him.
    Decide how long you are going to grieve for - maximum is three days.
    SET YOURSELF A NEAR AND CLEAR ENDPOINT

After you've finished your period of grieving:
    -Stop interacting with him, stop watching his twitter. You don't have to delete photos of your relationship, but put them all on a memory stick, into a box and hide them in your loft
    SET A DATE YOU CAN OPEN THEM IN SIX MONTHS

-Once you've moved all the stuff from your relationship that you want to keep into the box, delete all of it from your phone/computer.
    Erase/hide everything that reminds you off him and delete him (or at least mute him, if you guys are staying distant friends) on social media

-Close the door on him (in your head) and forget about ever getting back with him. If you guys are remaining distant friends then don't delete him on social media - but at least mute his notifications.
    I know how hard it is to accept this, (love has been scientifically shown to be similar to addiction. But you have to ) but Ifyou want to forget him, you have to move on as if nothing will ever happen between you again - because unfortunately it won't.

-Look at YOUR facebook/diary/twitter from BEFORE you were interested in him and remember the stuff you used to do.
    -Go and do the stuff you enjoy doing without him. You're welcome to treat yourself A LITTLE BIT during this time, but don't use it as a crutch.

FOLLOW THESE STEPS RIGIDLY - I promise you it gets much much easier after the first couple of days.

I wish you luck! Hope you feel better soon

Most Helpful Girl

• while your looking at his whatsapp connection chances are he's looking at yours... Had ex dump me and has stalked me for 2 years ESP on dating websites got so bad eventually gave him my Kik name so he would leave me alone in peace on sites and stop contacting me, it worked not a peep from him... he wants to see if Ill post a picture of who I might be dating... now that's creepy! What your doing is normal you are grieving... in time you'll delete the messages then his phone number and accept its over... he's not blocked you so that means he sees you and you see him... I'd go ghost on him make him wonder what your up to etc... childish yes but it makes it look your over him

What Guys Said 16

• seems normal, as in a lot of people probably do that shit.

definitely unhealthy. try your best to move past it.

• Unhealthy! I wrote a myTake on how to get over a break up. Please take a look and see if you can find some help in the suggestions I gave:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11176-a-practical-guide-for-how-to-get-over-your-breakup-how-to-get-on

• Not crazy but very, very bad for you. It's just re-opening the wound again and again. You have to resist that temptation and find something that motivates you other than hoping to get back together and getting the latest status update on what he's doing.

If you want to get over a broken heart, fill the hole with something else you like a whole lot (doesn't even have to be someone).

• It's incredibly unhealthy but when breakups are fresh we can sometimes resort to unhealthy behavior. It's normal in that sense even if it's incredibly illogical and detrimental to our mental state. I'd suggest cutting off all lines of contact with that person and delete all past pics or messages. It will hurt but you will be better off for doing it in the long run.

• I don't think you're crazy, I just think you certainly haven't moved on that you probably don't accept that it's over.

• Very unhealthy. Delete info now.

• I can say that you aren't the only one who has done this. I was pretty obsessive and stalked my ex on social media too. I understand the pain you're going through though, and I can say that you will get over it and things will get easier and less obsessive, just takes time

• Stop doing that. Get rid of him on social media. Make sure you can't succumb to temptation.

• whats whatssap?

• I'm sorry you feel this way. :(

• Maybe not crazy, but maybe you should stop stalking him. :P

• It can be part. You have to let it hurt you and realize it. Let him block you, go viral. Whatever you are feeling like do it

• Yes it's a normal reaction

• No it's not normal not everyone STALK their EX. Get help.

• that's normal...
    when you break up you stalk much that's because you miss him and love him...

• Do you masturbate over his picture? Serious question.

What Girls Said 7

• I am the same. I honestly don't even have to like the person for me to stalk them, all they have to do is get my attention or for them to trigger my interest. Some people are saying it's not normal but it's completely normal, believe me when I say you aren't alone. haven't you seen every modern teen romance movie ever? They stalk their crushes all the time.

• Unhealthy. You should block him, his number and all social media related to him for two reasons,
    1) save your sanity. And
    2) to be able to move on with your life

• It's hard to let go. There is some part where you did not get closure somehow. Stalking him for very long is going to feed unhealthy ruminations and preoccupations with things out of your control and make you actually crazy so you need to find some healthy way to break away. Find a constructive project or take little minutes and build up to retrain your mind to work positively for you.

• It's easy to fall into that. Try to shift your focus to something else that interests you. And... there are 4.3 billion other guys out there. Just pick one.

• You're behavior is normal, but still considered unhealthy. I deleted my whatsapp account to avoid that, along with the recurring heartbreak every time I did do that. Sorry you're going through that.

• I did the same, its normal on a breakup. It will pass and you will be ok! How were the conversations since u guys broke up?

• Totally normal in the beginning of a breakup. You should try turn off your phone or give it to someone to hold.