To the vegetarian / vegan girls; do u have a high preference for vegetarian / vegan guys?

• I'm a meat eating gal; no need to read the rest of the poll :-P
  • i ONLY date vegetarian / vegan guys
  • i have a strong preference for vegetarian / vegan guys
  • i have a mild preference for vegetarian / vegan guys
  • i don't have a preference at all; equal opportunity dater, meat-eater or not!
  • i'm the weirdo that prefers to date meat-eating men, although I myself am vegetarian / vegan :-P
  • i'm the super-weirdo that ONLY dates meat-eating men, although I myself am vegetarian / vegan :-P

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't mind as long as he respects my decision to not eat meat.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a vegetarian, I would date a girl regardless of her food preference, if she would respect my decision to not eat meat.

What Girls Said 11

• Vegetarian here. Umm, let's put it this way, I'd be fucking ECSTATIC if my future boyfriend happened to be a vegetarian or a vegan. It definitely gives the guy heaps of brownie points. So I guess I do have a pretty strong preference for them? But I'd have no problems dating a meat-eater if he respected my views. Can't be too picky in this aspect since there aren't that many vegetarians/vegans out there, especially dudes. That would possibly call for forever aloneness.

• I am a pescatarian so I eat fish but no other meat. As long as my boyfriend doesn't try to make me eat meat (like my most recent ex did) I don't care. My current boyfriend is awesome because he loves trying new kinds of food and he cooks a lot and likes using new recipes or adjusting them. When we cook together we eat either fish or no meat. When we go out to eat, he will usually get meat in his meal, and he eats meat at his own meals when he's alone a decent amount of the time. It works out really well and the fact that he eats meat around me doesn't bother me at all. We respect each other's food choices.☺️

• I follow a vegetarian diet. I definitely would love it if my partner had the same values as I did. But I wouldn't need him to be a clone of me. I would not date someone who said "How do you do it, bacon is so good" Honestly, if guys want to look stupid to me, a vegetarian girl, all they have to do is bring up bacon. Lol, but I digress because that could have been a rant. Uhm, I don't care. I would prefer a vegetarian/vegan guy. But I'm in a relationship with someone who does eat meat. The good thing is that he's open to trying vegetarian foods with me.

Another thing, vegetarian/guys are hard to come by as is, let alone in the Southern US. Haha, so, yea, I would never date if I only dated guys with diets like mine.

• I will be honest, I would respect my partner's decision if he/she was a vegetarian, but I would not be thrilled about it. A good friend of mine is a vegetarian and she moved across the country now, but when she lived close it was a pain in the ass when it came time to choose a place to go out to dinner or when we would cook dinner in and she was visiting that night... I am a very adventurous eater/foodie, so I really would prefer someone who is the same. Guess that is why I am dating a chef. Haha.

• I'm vegan and I've been dating a meat eater for almost three years now. I'm incredibly in love, but I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't secretly rooting for him to go vegan one day. Just like anyone else, I have certain values and passions (compassion, non-violence, environmentalism) and would love to be able to share my life with a like-minded person. So, I would have a preference for vegetarian or vegan men (if I was single), but it's not a matter of me discriminating against someone else's decision to support animal agriculture, it's just about me having a desire to connect with someone who shares the same values and passions that I do. Dating a meat eater would actually be more difficult (watching people eat animals makes me a bit sad and sometimes nauseous) if it weren't for my boyfriend being very supportive of my lifestyle and even choosing to eat vegetarian when we are together. Super thankful for him doing that, even if it is just for a few days out of the week.

• Meat eater here, just stopping by to see the results 😆

• The way I chose to eat is my choice and my choice only, whether or not I decide to date someone with the same eating preference isn't that big of a deal for me personally, just don't go shoving it down my throat, respect my choice and thats about it.

• It's not like I will try to make you eat vegan but would appreciate it if you do.
    When guys tell me they are vegan I will think like 'yay' but if you don't that's also okay. I mean, everyone had their preferences and I am sure I also have things that that person won't like but I hope that person will accept.

• No, I don't have a preference. I'm vegan but not by choice, so it doesn't matter to me what my potential future guy eats.

• I wouldn't be able to date someone who binges on huge amount of animal products. I have a strong preference for vegan guys, vegetarian guys are acceptable, and meat-eaters turn me off, a lot. I would be willing to date a meat-eater if he heavily reduces his consumption of animal products around me.

• Not really bc in reality most guys aren't. It isn't a deal breaker for me. Thank goodness I can cook a meatless version of just about anything and there's always a vegetarian option on a menu.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm a guy, so I hope you don't mind me answering!

I'm a vegetarian (trying to become a vegan), and I have a strong preference for dating vegetarian/vegan women. I used to be open to dating meat-eaters too, but I have been hearing that non-vegetarian women usually do not prefer vegetarian men. So I think it's far less hassle for both of us if I stick to dating mainly vegetarian or vegan women. It reduces my dating pool greatly, but also increases the potential for a long term relationship with the women I do date!