What's the best Valentine's Day you've ever had?

I always hear mixed reviews about Valentine's Day. Personally I don't specifically celebrate it bc it's my Dad's b-day and family plans are always set. I'm not sure what the big deal is.

From a non-participant's perspective it looks like too many people start dating just before the holidays and hook up repeatedly just long enough to last through Valentine's Day and then break up with each other. OF COURSE there are the tradiional couples who do take the time out to show their regards to one another, but those are usually the ones who show each other their affection throughout the year as well (as it should be).

So I'd like to know what folks think of Valentine's Day since it's basically a month away and to share what their best Valentine's has been so far.

Most Helpful Girl

• My best are when we just have a nice chilled day and spoil each other rotten. To me, it's like mothers/fathers day, but for partners. Like a day you just show your appreciation and love, even though you already know it's there.

What Guys Said 1

• Got hammered at a club with my friends. I couldnt care less about Valentines Day

What Girls Said 1

• I don't celebrate it anymore, I don't like it anymore. I used to love it but I lost my first love and I can't seem to get over him or find someone. But one year, he came over with a bunch of roses and a sweet little box of chocolates. I went out and got him the big card and a chocolate rose. He kept the card for a while I don't know if he still has it or not. But since I lost my him. I don't care for it.

• You're still very young to declare such a thing. Try not to dispair and keep your heart open for a new person, who may want you to celebrate it in the future.

• Thank you. I hope I will again someday. College is more important to me at the moment. But I will try to keep an open mind and heart :)