Is flirting cheating?

is flirting cheating, or do the motives behind it matter?

• it's okay
  • it's not okay
  • depends

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say yes. I wouldn't want to find out my girlfriend is flirting around with random guys.. I would question myself about how serious is our relationship if she was because I think no one would ever flirt without motives , at least one or both are doing it seriously expecting something more.

Most Helpful Girl

• Flirting is the intention to get someones attention when you are attracted to them. It is what will inevitably lead to cheating if it persists. I think it depends on the level of flirting too though.

Flirting: behave as though attracted to or trying to attract someone, but for amusement rather than with serious intentions. While this is sometimes the case, it is not always. If you are consciously flirting with someone that is not okay. If it's just light banter, that's not a terrible thing, but if you are teasing them by touching them or calling them little nicknames that are completely unnecessary, then you need to check yourself.

I am a flirt by nature, BUT most times I don't even realize I may be flirting. To me, I am just simply being friendly or playful with no intentions of trying to get in someones pants. The only moment I realize that it could be misconstrued as more is when my friends may point out to me at a later time that I was flirting. I just think I'm having fun and being nice.

I wouldn't say flirting is particularly cheating, but it could lead to that. If you know you are flirting, then I consider it to be borderline cheating, but if you have no clue, then I don't see it as so bad. If you feel like it's cheating and realize your partner may not be doing it on purpose, then you should talk with them about your concerns.

What Guys Said 10

• I am not sure if that qualifies as cheating but I am sure about is it is totally disrespectful and very rude if you are already in a committed relationship. It shows that person is inconsiderate and just doesn't care about the feelings of the other.

• i think you are betraying the relationship and the person you are with in the sense that it's really inappropriate and disrespectful

• It is more disrespectful than cheating

• Yes if I was dating a girl and she flirted with another man Inwould be upset and think she isn't attracted in me or would rather be with someone else. Why should I expect her to think any different than me.

• IT IS, ALWAYS IS

• It's obviously worse when they flirt back.

• yes it is really i think

• my ex did that shit to me so then i went and did the same to her and got mad when i would talk to other girls, lol so yeah its wrong.

• it's fine we all do it in everyday life without thinking about it

• yes, it is.

What Girls Said 7

• I'd never flirt with another guy if i was in a relationship. I wouldn't disrespect him that way. I'd never give another guy the satisfaction of thinking I was attracted to him, and flirting behind my boyfriends back. Plus, I wouldn't be interested in flirting with anyone other than the guy I was in a relationship with. I wouldn't want any other guys attention... only my SO's

Some people flirt to take things further, others flirt just for the attention. They get a confidence boost from it

• Eh its sort of cheating to me. It's something that would seriously upset me no matter how innocent he meant it. He's possibly making the girl he flirted with think he's available, which can put him in a situation he shouldn't be in. And for some guys, tempting situations that he could make a very bad decision.

• It's emotional cheating.

• I consider it cheating if you're with someone and they're not okay with it. Teasing on the other hand is different.

It seems the same as flirting, but the motives are not the same. Teasing is simply joking around and having fun. Flirting is the intention of pursuing a romantic/sexual interest.

• yes
    don t flirt with anyone but your girlfriend

• It depends on your relationship! My boyfriend and I have a semi-open relationship, where we can see other people if we let one another know. It works for us since neither of us are jealous. Because of that, flirting is just something fun.

• Flirting and cheating are TOTALLY different things