Would you date a person who cuts or has cut?

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends...

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I would date any human being that I care about *like that* that feels the same way for me.
    The problem with people that cut, at least for me as a person that tends to care too much, that I end up being the therapist for any people I come across that cut or need emotional support in a relationship. Personally, I feel like doing that and trying to maintain a healthy relationship would be hard, especially because if I mess up I can cause a lot of damage. It's not so much about me as much as the other person- if I can't offer the kind of support of someone that cuts/has cut I don't know if I can be all that they will need and deserve, if that makes sense.

What Guys Said 11

• Cutting is illustrative of someone who is mentally weak and easily subjected to peer pressure.

• No, unless she has already recovered, both mentally and physically.

• If she did it as a teen and was over it, I would consider it. If she is still doing it as an adult, no.

• um yes? I suppose it depends on how much or how recent. If she was my dream girl... in a heart beat

• If she stopped, sure. I'd she's still cutting... Maybe, depends on a couple if things.

• As long as they did not cut once we got together.

• Well, all of the girlfriends I've ever had have either cut previously or still did in the earliest days of our relationship.
    It's honestly just really sad and shows how fucked up our society is.

• No, a person like have a lot of things to solve.

• Heck yes, if she has a good personality

• Hell fuckin no. I'll get them help first.

• fuck no. huge red flag

What Girls Said 4

• I would date someone who used to cut. If they relapsed, I'd be there for them, but I wouldn't start dating them if they were still cutting. They wouldn't be emotionally stable enough to truly handle a relationship.

• I voted no because it's triggering for me but I know people who would

• I probably would not date them. But I would always be there for them as a friend.

• No. I don't wanna deal with that