If she likes me?

So the semester started a few weeks ago and I met a new girl. We took classes before, but never actually talked this much til now since we see each other almost every weekday. She's a very nerdy, but sophisticated cute girl.

I didn't expect to like her until we actually talked. I happened to notice her teasing me a bit, asking me for mints, turning her head towards me in one class A LOT (she sits next to me in class and whenever we have lunch), and convos never really die out with her. During class she would always talk to me about her on something related to the current topic at hand.

So its likely that she does have a thing, but I don't know what to do now. Should I ask her out during this semester or should I wait until its over? I'm thinking that if things go wrong, it'll be awkward for the entire semester. I don't want that, but at the same time, I'm thinking that risks should be taken.

Most Helpful Guy

• There's an old saying, "Don't sh*t where you eat."

If school is important, and you think you would be completely disrupted by a jilted ex girlfriend, then definitely wait. No girl is worth ruining your education over.

But, if you're a more enlightened soul, and you can either handle her negative behavior (should it ever come to that) OR you already know that you would never leave her feeling jilted or angry, then take the risk.

I'm more of a risk taker myself simply because I know how I leave the women I date.. better then I found them. I walk the halls of my work each day and I will pass at least three girls I've slept with, and at no time is it weird between us.

So it all comes down to your skills as a man. Can you handle the heat? Then definitely take the risk!

If you wait all you're doing is putting yourself in "the friend zone." Plus it gives her time to meet other, more action oriented men. Maybe even from your class. How much would that suck? Seeing her dating some dude in the very class you share together?

Any way, don't wait for her to give you the "big sign" because it'll never happen. It's your job to seduce her, and to make her FEEL attraction. Just don't act weird and rejected should she choose someone else. There's nothing worse than a guy who's pouting over a girl.

Breast of luck dude!

~ Robby

My Blog ( link )

What Girls Said 1

• it's always risky when the person you like is a friend and you don't want to ruin that friendship with a relationship of another level. but if its worth the risk then take the chance. the worst thing that can happen is that you stop being friends no matter what the friendship is currently. let her know how you feel because all those things sound as though she might very well be interested but she's waiting for you to pick up on the signs and make the first move. if you ask her out and she says no then to prevent the rest of the semester from being awkward don't try to make yourself look good by putting her down or saying mean things behind her back...just say you just wanted to opportunity to get to know her better, I guarantee that she wouldn't feel pressured and your ego would still be intact...good luck dude

What Guys Said 1

• I understand this situation because I have been there before. I would say ask her if she wants to hang out, go to a move, or go to dinner. I would avoid using the word "date" when asking her (but that is me). Also if you wait too long she may get the idea that you are not interested or put you in the dreaded friends zone (which is by far the worse) :(