Guys, Was it a date?

So I just went out with this guy I've been friends with for years. However, we never established it as a date. We just went to dinner and got ice cream after. I've been getting vibes lately that he is interested in being more than friends. That being said, he didn't pay for either my meal or ice cream. Not that I am expecting a guy to spend a ton of money on me, but a girls needs to know what to call this sort of thing!

2

What Guys Said 2

• While there is a very good chance that he was wanting this to be a date and just wasn't forward enough about it, if he didn't make any moves to escalate things from there ( bring the two of you to the "next level" wherever that is for you i. e. holding hands, kiss, etc. ) then don't call it a date for now just to be on the safe side. If later down the road he is showing obvious signs of interest and things do start to escalate, more dates come, etc. then it is safe to call it a date.

• I think so