Watching a movie with an ex boyfriend - where to go or is it even a good idea?

My ex boyfriend and I have been broken up for a little over a year. We have had some ups and during this time. We had an incident about 5 months about where we had sex, but after that I felt used and I told him that I want everything or nothing and I decided to cut him out of my life for a while.

He recently contacted me and we've been talking in a friendly way. We've met up once for a very innocent lunch date at one of his favorite places. A few days later, we started texting about good movies each of us has seen lately. Then, he asked me if I wanted to watch a movie at his place sometime. I said yes, but I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea for several reasons. I want to maintain this new friendship. If it escalates into a relationship, I would consider it, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I do not want to have sex with him if we are not in a relationship and I'm nervous that being in that environment will only contribute to that desire.

If we watch a movie at his place, we could watch it in the common area, but to be honest I don't want his two roommates to see us because I'm nervous they'll talk badly about us since I'm his ex. That only leaves his bedroom available.

What are some alternative locations we could watch a movie? Or should we do a completely different activity? I was thinking we could watch a movie at my place instead, because I would feel more comfortable there and would feel more in control. Let me know what you guys think.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Go to a theater! Or better yet do not go out with him at all. If you want to hang out do group activities. I used to be a believer that you can be friends with exes but I'm starting to believe only if you haven't slept with them works. He will play with your emotions it's a dangerous game. DONT PLAY