My boyfriend just doesn't seem to care anymore. Should I stay?

Like I said in the original question. We've been dating for a little over 5 years and have been living together for 3. He doesn't show me attention or affection. When he is out with his friends or just running errands he won't text me or call. And he won't reply to my messages. When I try to talk about my feelings he just shuts down or gets angry. I don't really know what I can do to make him realize how he is treating me.

What Guys Said 3

• why don't you talk to you him about your feelings. your desires and what you'd like to hopefully change

as for the texting when running errands and out with friends. perhaps you should allow him to have that time. unless your texts or calls are urgent there shouldn't really be a need to have text conversations when he's running errands since he'll be back

• I've tried. He acts as if me talking about my feelings is just me bitching. And the times when he doesn't text me back it's for hours. 4+ to the point where I'm worried he is hurt or something.

• well. sad to say if he doesn't want to talk about the issues then at some point you have to decide whether or not the relationship is worth it

• Well, if you have been dating for 5 years then I can imagine things not being as lively as they once were. But you owe it to yourselves to try to fix the problems you are having. If you know the activities he does with his friends, maybe you could do those same activities 1 on 1 with him. Does he play games? I imagine he does. Try joining him and being competitive. Valentine's Day is soon to come and maybe he will take you out somewhere you want to go. I think he is just a little bored of the relationship right now but has no idea what to do. You guys need to talk and talk calmly. There is nothing to be angry about when your both just sharing your feelings.

• Okay this seems reasonable. Your right it isn't going to be butterflies and smiles and sunshine. But there has to be affection and attention there. I don't go to work 12 hrs a day and cook dinner or buy it and do almost all the cleaning for nothing.( I apologize. This is me bitching) I mean we do things together sometimes like play games but it's hard to want to play when he constantly plays anyways.(resentment) As far as Valentine's day goes I'm not too hopeful. And that's saying a lot because I am a positive person. Just Christmas I had him tons of great things that he had wanted. I made everthing a huge surprise. I also had little time to do all this due to it being busy catering schedules 18+ hrs a day with only Sundays off. Anyways the day before Christmas eve came and my stocking was empty and I had nothing under the tree. So I straight up asked him if he had got me anything. And he hadn't. Not one thing. I don't even know what to say to him anymore

• If things are not working then you should talk to him about that if he still remains the same
    Then you should find another one who understands you
    Life is too short to wait for the time he'll change!!!

What Girls Said 0