Do you women see being persistent as a turnoff?

Most Helpful Girl

• I see that as a turn on - means he really thinks that could be something more than just something meaningless...

Most Helpful Guy

• persistence pays.

tact helps.

What Girls Said 12

• It depends. If she says something like "Sorry I don't have time this week ask me again next week" then persistence is awesome because you're following through.

If she says something like "never talk to me again I'm calling the police" then it's a HUGE turnoff.

• my boyfriend was persistent, that's how he became my boyfriend. ☺️

persistence can be a good thing. but if she's at a point where she's basically ignoring you or avoiding you im not sure how well it'll work. before we got together my boyfriend tried to get me to go home w him from parties a lot and I would always say no. over time we had some nice conversations and eventually exchanged numbers and he finally asked me for coffee and I said sure. if the girl is totally uninterested though I don't think persistence will help you.

• Story time.

So earlier this year, a guy that lives in my building and I end up making out one night. I didn't really like him but I liked the attention because my fiancé had dumped me in the middle of my family's Christmas party and I was just starting to get over it. I made it clear that I didn't actually like him, that I only like the attention, and that he should go after someone who would be into him because overall he's a good egg. However, this declaration was taken as a challenge instead of a rejection and he ended up chasing me constantly for the next month and a half. He even gave me a carton of almond milk (weird seduction technique brah). Eventually, when he realized that it wasn't working (and getting the RA involved), he backed the fuck off.

• Depends on if there is an instant attraction there.

My current boyfriend was super persistent, he literally said that I will be his girlfriend as if I had no choice. But I also thought he was so kind and handsome.
    The intense stares across the room I would usually find creepy..
    I still tried to resist a little, but just to amplify the attraction. It was still obvious we were going to be together.
    "Not yet" or "take me out first" is the kind of thing I will say.

If I don't really find you attractive but I think you are a good person, then the words, "lets take this slow" will leave my mouth.

If I don't like you then a straight up "No thank you"

• But I also thought he was so kind and handsome

that right there sealed it

• no way, quite the opposite.
    when persistence is overdone, thats the only time its a turnoff.

• That's the real question, when is it "overdone"?

• I feel that's the #1 problem with women, they never communicate, just use "Little hints"

• @StickStickity13 we communicate AND use little hints.

• Persistant in what way?

• Depends on how you approach being persistent.

• I am persistent

• Persistence without being pushy is desirable. Shows that you go after what you want and that's hot

• no but if its too much it gets annoying

• I can't speak for all women, but I do. It's like the telemarketer who calls you three times a week...

• It really depends. Being pushy is a turn off, however with certain instances having ambition and drive to keep going can be good.

What Guys Said 10

• All the girls I got with, I came towards them with the "you will be mine" attitude, and in some cases I had to be a bit more persistent, but you have to be able to read her feelings somewhat at least, cause if there's no attraction at all then you persistence is useless.

• If they like you, no because it shows that you want them and they like the attention.

If they don't like you, yes because it shows that you can't take a hint and you're labelled creepy.

• Depends, if you're hot to them or not.

• No means absolutely no sometimes and no matter how persistent you are, it's still a no.

• Depends on how persistent. If you're overly persistent, it might come off as desperate.

• Who cares because they also like confidence so its a catch 22

But generalizations are just that

• Step 1: Be attractive

Step 2: Don't be unattractive

• Yeah i guess.

• if you overpursuit they dump your beta ass. guaranteed. she should be pursuing YOU

• Well if I don't like her and she keeps stalking me then yes a major turrn off.