Would you give a second chance to a cheating gf/bf?

If you broke up with a person once because he/she cheated on you, would you be willing to give them a second chance? Has it worked for anyone?

Most Helpful Guy

• No not at all. They would have lost my trust forever. Cabt be in a relationship without trusting someone.

Most Helpful Girl

• Trust is the foundation for every relationship , and if someone has broken your trust i don't think you can get the same level of trust back with that same person. Trust is one of life's most difficult challenges. So i would never give someone a second chance when they have already given me one good reason not to trust them

I'd never waste my time on someone who wasted my faith and trust. I'd leave him so i could heal and then move on. Giving someone a second chance after a betrayal would be giving them the opportunity and your permission to hurt you again, because people only treat you how you allow them to treat you

What Guys Said 13

• i will give them a million chances and a lunchables pack

• I cheated on my wife, we broke up for about 8 years and we got back together, and have been happy ever since (13 years now, including some time when we were long distance). I got all of that out of my system, years ago and now I am happy and settled.

• No I would not if my girlfriend cheated on me.. were are done.. if I cheated on her, I know it is done.. what goes around comes around.. just common sense to me

• When I was young I would have. Now, perhaps not so much.

• Probably not no.

• Nope. Once you cheat the relationship is completely over to me

• Never.------

• No.

Once a cheater, always a cheater.

• Yes it will work. Of course your partner has to do his part, and it should not happen every month.

• nope

• Depends, if we're really close, then maybe.

• maybe yes... .

• not anymore won't hurt myself like that again

What Girls Said 11

• Put it this way... If they were dying of thirst in front of me and I had a full bottle of water... I'd chug it.

• Hell no. If a man cheats on me then he has made the decision to be dead to me the second he touches the other girl.

• No, not at all.

By cheating, he has shown a lack of respect for you and how much respect can you really have for someone who has treated you poorly? Sometimes a girl knows the truth about her guy's infidelity but doesn't want to dump him because she's afraid to be alone.

If that's the case, remind yourself that there are far worse things than being single like being with a guy who takes advantage of you. Still, if you want to consider giving this guy a second chance, the first thing you should do is have a heart to heart with him.

:\

• no i would not.

• Nope I wouldn't even think twice.

• Fuck no. Scumbags aren't my type.

• Depends on why he cheated and how strong our relationship was/is. Violence or abuse would be a game-ender for me, but I think we could work out just about anything else.

• I did, and a 3rd chance too, it only ended up fucking me over in the end, because he still cheated.

• Nope, I would not. I wouldn't be able to trust them again and trust is everything in a relationship.

• Hell no.

• No. Fuck them!