Going on our first official date on Valentine's days. Good or bad idea?

We seen each other two times (first going to a bar, second time ate at a japanese restaurant with friends the next day). We stay an hour and a half away from each other. We've been talking since last may. I asked her to be my valentines. She said yes. We agree that we should see how we vibe/connect face to face to see if should take the next step or be just friends. Is this a good idea or bad idea going on our first one on one date on valentines day?

Thank you guys (and girl) for your advice at the moment

Most Helpful Girl

• my biggest advice is not to let the occasion pressure u. it is nice that ur going out together but u don't necessarily HAVE to take it that next step. u can tell her ur interested in her and look forward to seeing where it will take u, but to become some kind of official, while a nice gesture, is one that u really need to think about. remember you've only seen each other twice.

• I mean to see if we like each more friends or just friends

• i understand. as i said though, using valentines day to bring this up might be pressuring her a little into making a decision too quickly as well. remember that sometimes we're very soft and don't want to hurt peoples feelings, especially on a day like that. while it's a nice thought, i think it's best to save it for a day where u both don't have that pressure of it being 'the day of love' u know?

thanks for MH =]

• No problem. I'm trying not to put pressure on her on that day.

What Girls Said 4

• Only if you're okay with being the biggest cliché in the universe. Anyway. Have a good time.

• I'm sorry. What's the cliché?

• Valentines Day is a cliché and a half.

• 👌 thanks for answering

• I'd advise against it. Valentines puts far too much pressure on you both. It creates expectations you don't need on a first date and sets the tone before you've even met up. Pick a different day and take her somewhere fun where you can both enjoy yourselves and let your guard down so you can get to know each other first.

• Can you go out before Valentine's Day? see if you gel, then do a friendship/ light romantic thing on Valentine's Day? Just a suggestion...

• man valentine is just a made up thing to get money from the masses.
    whether it is Easter, valentine, Halloween who cares?
    you feel like asking her out on a real date, you want to take a step forward, then go for it

What Guys Said 4

• First date on Valentine's Day has a higher possibility of ending with a romp between the sheets.

• I think it's great

• " We agree that we should see how we vibe/connect face to face"

based on your agreement i'd make sense to remove outside factors and influence.

valentines day date comes w/ a little added pressure/expectations... etc.. it's why you're asking the question.

• You both agreed to this, hence it must be a good sign.

Never mind the hub-ub surrounding Valentine's Day, enjoy each other's company and have fun!