Are you afraid of getting old?

I am so feared I'm 17 and I feel like as soon as I reach 18 I will start to have some wrinkles and getting old and not attractive anynore. Reason why I am feared is that my boyfriend told me women don't look attractive when they pass their 20's. He said that I am attractive now but not at my 40.

Most Helpful Guy

• Look forward to it! First of all, if you DON'T get old, that would mean that you met an early demise. And that's probably not what you want. Look forward to getting REALLY old!

Second, while your youthful appearance in your teens and 20's is certainly a good thing, you can still be a hot, sexy, beautiful woman in your 30's, 40's, 50's, and beyond.
    No, it won't be the same as your teens and 20's, but that's not a bad thing.

Not to mention that men your age or a little bit older will also be going through the same aging process as you, so a few wrinkles and gray hairs would be completely normal and expected as you get older!

You won't be with your boyfriend past your 20's, probably not past your teens even. Don't listen to what he says, he's just being a silly kid.

Most Helpful Girl

• no I'm not. I'm looking forward to it actually. and EXCUSE ME but imma b looking fine all my life! :P

What Guys Said 15

• nah, because I see old people perform my hobbies even better than I do. so I know I'm capable of just as much, possibly even better.

• Look at @BelleGirl21, she's proof that you look good past your twenties.

And you'll get over this as you get older, lol

• if you work out and have a healthy diet, you can look good untill your late 40s also your preferences shift a bit as you grow older so you will be attractive to older men then.

• Im not afraid of getting old it's the knowledge that I'll always be alone that scares me but isn't that what death is cold darkNess I had a near death experience kinda refreshing knowing that at the end of the day you can forget this whole thing ever happened

• That's why you should find a partner who loves you

• Not any more. :-)

• You will reach your peak attractiveness at 27-30 and then it'll start reclining.

• Well your boyfriend sounds like a child so there's that. On the topic at hand, I'm about to be 30 and I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. So I guess I'm not so much afraid of getting old as much as I'm afraid that my life will be wasted

• A little young for a mid-life crisis :|

• I don't like it but I've accepted it

• Not really, but I'm afraid not having a wife and kids before 35.

• No, I'm a guy. As long as I don't go bald I'll be golden

• I'm 23 and 9 months and have amounted to nothing so yes.

• lol...

What Girls Said 12

• I went through this when I turned eighteen. I even cried because I was so scared of getting older and becoming unattractive. A lot of great things has happened since then and I have passed my 20s, am I less attractive? No. You will learn to accept it and you will learn that it's not all about looks, your looks should not depend on your happiness. Enjoy your time on this planet while you can and make sure your life is a life worth living.. And don't listen to your boyfriend when he says that.

• I'm not afraid of getting old, I'm only afraid of getting old alone.
    At the age of 18, you're still pretty young and you have a lot of things to experience and learn.
    Your boyfriend is wrong. A lot of women in their 30's or 40's look better than many women in their 20's. It depends on the person.
    If you take care of yourself you will always look good regardless of your age.

• lol your boyfriend knows how to control you... He won't be good looking either too from all that tanning without sunscreen.

• 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 And 😝!

• Don't waste best years of youth worrying about getting old.
    No one wants to get old, you should try your best not to lose attraction after years, nothing comes easy.

• Everyone gets older. I'm about to turn 21 so I have like 3 years on you and I don't feel old at all. But the years do pass quicker lately.

Just enjoy what you have while you have it

• No, I am not afraid of getting old.

• Nah. I don't care what people think of me, and I make no effort to look attractive.

• Nope. It is part of life.

• You're boyfriends an asshole. date a guy who's not judgmental and focused on looks

• im 28 and boys that are 19 hit on me lol. I dont have wrinkles yet but I do feel like im aging.

• ... because your boyfriend knows what you'll look like at 40? Because he's seen and fairly judged every woman over 20? Look into my internet eyes when I tell you this... people can be idiots. Age happens to everyone and what that means for you or him will be totally different. If someone is going to break up with you because they think you do or even more crazy, will eventually age like the rest of humanity, probably not going to be a keeper long term. Don't let some lame comment make you fear living life and doing great things or make you obsesses over looks.