If a guy texts "talk to you later," then you never hear from him, what does that mean?

I called out my boyfriend about this and he said it was just generally speaking, talk to you later or tomorrow. I was upset because I thought something had happened to him and he's never done anything like that before.

My boyfriend and I talked this over the other day. He said he will specifically say if he's going to call or text me, which I'm good with.

Most Helpful Guy

• Talk to you later just means some other time. Not actually later that day for most people 😜

• So, are you saying it's no big deal? Because I told him we need to talk. He knows I'm upset, asked if I was okay.

• It's definitely no big deal! Don't stress out about that! A lot of guys say talk to you later it's the way to say goodbye in a lot of ways

• Okay, thanks for pointing this out

Most Helpful Girl

• How long has it been?

• Texted me at noon today, went out of town for the weekend, so I was concerned when I didn't hear from him. Called him this evening to say how I felt.

• Been together 4 months. We're the same age. He usually goes back to his hometown on the weekends.

• Well yeah, as your relationship progresses you need to loosen the "leash" you have on him. You guys are moving into a more comfortable territory in the relationship where there are going to be many unspoken rules/assumptions. In another words, the Honeymoon period is ending and it is about to plateau.

What Guys Said 7

• Later means at an ulterior point in time. Technically, 4 years IS later. So if you ever talked to him again, then he was right. You talked to him later...

• I think you're probably overreacting on this one. If he said "I'll text you when I'm done going to the bathroom." and you didn't hear from him for a day, then I think you might have something worth worrying about.

Hope that helps :)

• Thank you for the feedback. It was helpful. He wrote "talk to you later" and every time in the past when he's written that he has called or texted. That's why I was worried. Told him I wanted to talk tomorrow. Now I have no idea how he's going to be.

• It happens. Sometimes we expect our bf/gf to read our minds because, tbh, it seems like they can most of the time. Just admit you over reacted AFTER you explain your self and I'm sure everything will be fine :)

• How long has it been? If it was a day, you need to chill out lol. I really hate texting, so I say that a lot to people and then don't text back for a few days lol

• When I say ttyl, it doesn't mean I'm saying I'm going to call. It means if you want to call later and talk, I'm down.

• It means nobody thought to just start a new conversation as they were busy keeping score of who should initiate next

• It means he defines later differently than you.

• Indefinite later

What Girls Said 6

• I sometimes say "I will speak to you later" or " i will see you later" , but i use it as a figure of speech. Later doesn't mean any specific time - not later that day or even the following day.

If you just said "bye" to someone you are close to at the end of a message or convo it would just seem cold or so final. It is just an informal way of saying they will see or speak to you again... very soon , but not any specific time.

• See later kido!

• I think it just means he will stay in touch with you generaly speaking.

• Getting too worked up over small details. Plus you know guys are the worst texters loll

• He hates you. It means he's mean and to "go away"

• He probably forgot. I'm sure he really cares about you, but not everyone is perfect at remembering things. I'm sure you're really hot and he is too, so he may be busy telling other girls he already has a girlfriend. Good luck!!!😃