I'm attracted to guys with drug problems. Dangerous?

I've always been attracted to drug abuser boys, particularly potheads. I like the way they act, careless and "out-of-it." I like the way they look. I like the fact that they use. Its like a fetish. Anyone else have this?

Most Helpful Guy

• You say you "like the way they act, careless and out-of-it". The only problem is, they're not acting. They actually ARE careless, and out-of-it. As long as you won't mind working two jobs in order to support them, and then playing second fiddle to the drugs, you certainly won't have any trouble taking your pick of them. I may be relatively old, but I grew up in the hippy era, and I spent my life in the music business, so trust me when I tell ya I've seen and done it all. Do yourself a favor, and find a different class of people to be intrigued by. Unless you have a drug problem yourself, you deserve a whole lot better.

• Just for the record, she clearly intends for "act" to mean "to behave in a certain way," not "to perform a theatrical role."

• Right or wrong, I think of her as romanticizing unappealing behaviors in a sense. Much like we all encounter wild animals that appear cute, and even cuddly, on the surface, but to pick one up and raise its ire, brings about a rude, perhaps even deadly, awakening. I didn't for a moment believe her to be so removed from reality as to think of these guys as seeking a screen credit of any kind. It just seems more likely for her to perpetuate an illusion by saying "they act' as opposed to "they are".

• But then again, I could be wrong. In fact, I thought I was wrong once, but it turned out I was mistaken. ; - )

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• ask yourself why you choose guys like this? the thrill of them getting into jail if they're caught I guess is some sort of fetish. I'm being slightly sarcastic. I prefer personally guys who are mature and know the consequences of their actions. everyone's different though

• These were my people when I was your age.. My posse if you will.. lol.. Anyway, I wouldn't consider these guys dangerous because they are stereotypically too lazy to do anything of consequence (like get a job to have money to have a car to go out or anything).. so if you consider chilling on a dirty couch, listening to trippy music, in a dark basement, with little to no intelligent life in the room dangerous then yes, you are living on the edge. But you are young and no matter what anyone says you are make your own decisions and your own mistakes and learn from them. I suggest (from experience) dating a nerd.. they are way funny, usually really sweet and responsible and end up growing out of that awkward-what-the-hell stage into some pretty awesome boyfriend/husband material. God luck girly.

• I used to be like that and then I actually went out with one. It was not fun. He wasn't a pothead; he was addicted to er oxycontin, which is another form of heroin. So, he was groggy the whole time, couldn't come whenever we had sex, and stole from me eventually to score some more drugs. Potheads are definitely different. Some of my good friends smoke pot. But I would still stay away from people who do a lot of drugs.

• NO!and it dangerous just becareful they can honestly hurt you girl