Agree with this statement "Friends with benefits are only for those that's been hurt and are afraid to commit" ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nope, I just think its a better deal. There's nothing a guy gets in a relationship that he doesn't get with a fwbs. Dont say "love" because girls develop feelings for their fuckbuddies all the time.

• You have grown increasingly cynical here. I also thought you weren't a fan of generalizations at first. Sad.

• We have. But it's ok. Don't sweat it. Peace.

• @lumos
      But... I really want to remember :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Not even close. People can be friends with benefits because they don't have time to put a lot of effort into a real relationship. They might also just be interested in having fun and gaining sexual experience. They don't have to be hurt or afraid of commitment. That might apply to some, but not all. A lot of people just aren't ready or don't have the time, so they'd rather have flings to satisfy their sexual needs.

What Guys Said 13

• Not at all. Friends with benefits are simply friends who like to help eachother sexualy. Nothing more, nothing less.

• That's a rare thing, and basically a real relationship that is open... and at least one of them will get hurt unless they are both extreme narcissists.

• You can still be committed to a friends with benefit type of relationship. And there can also be love in such a type of setup. Everything isn't always black and white.

• For starters, I couldn't find someone I was genuinely attracted to as a FB. I've been hurt so I felt compelled to tell these girls the truth from the beginning and cut it off slowly with them if they started to seem emotionally invested. So I just stopped looking for anything other than a real intimate relationship, and eventually stopped looking for that because its like being struck by lighting in the same spot a year apart.

• If the guy was hurt why would he want to risk hurting others in the same way? Its immature and sociopathic.

• disagree
    Friends with benefits are for those who need to satisfy their sexual needs

• Disagree entirely. friends with benefits is for the people who do not Want a relationship, because they are either too busy or just don't feel like it, but want to get off, regardless.

• I think there's some hate and/or frustration behind this question, rather than an honest desire to understand men heh (and I'm sure it's directed at men).

• No, friends with benefits means they like to have sex but they dont want someone strange or date or anything

• its a smart choice, not mainly for those who are scared cause this planet is untrustworthy we can't trust each other so why risk yourself when you can do the opposite stay safe and still have fun

• Hmmmm yeah id agree with that actually. But I'm wary of friends with benefits too incase one person starts developing feelings. Its always risky

• Disagree

• No. Fuck buddies are friends with benefits

• i just think it's a complete waste of time.

• yes, and i complement it with "and those who are cold and desensitised"

What Girls Said 5

• Not necessarily, I do think that sometimes having someone that you can rely on and want to sleep with doesn't mean you have to date them. Some people genuinely don't want to date because of various reason and then yes there are those who are afraid to get hurt because it's not an easy thing to handle, getting hurt can definitely change the person that you are. BUT also I don't really believe in "fwb" because I don't sleep with my friends, I just call them someone I'm sleeping with.

• I think there is a lot of friends with benefits when people are younger because not too many say 18-24 year olds are trying to settle down right then and there and start marriages and families and long term relationships when they are just young and having fun. Some times people need to go through these phases to be able to understand why a relationship may be better for them. I don't think it's always hurting or comittment issues.

• I totally agree! I don't know any happy, healthy, emotionally stable people who eagerly want to be used and selfishly use others.

• nope kma its for people who dont know boundaries

• No not at all, but Im starting to agree it's a bad idea because someone will catch feelings.