Is he a player or am I just paranoid?

So I started talking to this guy I met in my college prep classes, he seems really genuine and sweet, we talk every class and sit next to each other. He just recently asked for my number saying that he was "too shy" before and he finally "worked up enough courage" to ask. And while I really do like him and I am definitely interested into getting to know him as a potential partner, he seems to be going a bit fast. We go to different schools and only see each other twice a week at that class and he's asking me to meet him for lunch so we can get to know each other. He's not shy at all through text and he's even used a kissy-face emoji when saying "goodnight" to me. I don't know what to think. His Instagram is mostly devoid of girls, but there is a picture of him and a girl in a bikini together at the beach... I don't know who she is or what she is to him. Bc we go to different schools, he could have a girlfriend and only want to get to know me as a friend? I don't know. A few months ago I got played really badly by a jerk guy and so I'm very guarded this time around. What should I do? Is he a possible player?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• If you like him get to know him a little before labeling him as a player I think. You don't wanna jump to those conclusions too early. Especially if you like him. See how you feel.

• I do like him, which is why I'm scared of getting hurt again. But I'll definitely try to reserve judgement and get to know him first. :)

• Yeah go for it. If it doesn't feel right just save yourself form getting hurt and don't see him again :)