Would you consider dating or being with someone sexually that was married?

Ladies and guys, would you consider having a fling, dating, or sex with someone that was married?

• Yes
  • No
So truly wondering now...it shows that of all the people that voted it's 100% to no. Which is very promising, however a recent poll (another site) states that 48% of married men have cheated and estimated 44% of married women have cheated.

Most Helpful Guy

• Before I answer, I would like to address your update. First of all only 31 people as of this post have voted. Assuming the same 5,000 people visit this site every day, you have a possible 4,969 yes clickers that have simply not voted. As to your 48% of married men and 44% of married woman having cheated, those statistics will swing wildly when both age and nationality are put into the mix. Now to answer your question. No! Never, ever, ever, do it. I've read a few qualifiers put on this question. For example: "What if he/she is legally separated and just hasn't had a divorce yet?" so what? The fact remains that he/she is still married. You should, in all things you do, be a person of integrity. Steer clear of married men and women. But they say they love me and...great so to show that they are serious about you and committed to the relationship and process, they can get a divorce. Oh see, there ex is a "insert explicits aimed toward girls here" or a "insert explicits aimed toward guys here" and he/she won't give them a divorce. Do you really want to be wrapped up in all of their drama? Mind you it will be near impossible to focus on your new found love and if children are involved you may as well start crying because the stress and fact that he/she will forever be involved with their ex coupled with his financial responsability to his children is a sweltering stress in any relationship. I'm not saying it can't or even isn't being done while I post this. I'm simply stating that you should steer clear of married men and women. Over 6 billion people inhabit this crazy rock, go find someone else. Even if this person was truly one in a million, that means more than 6,000 of them wait for you world wide. Happy fishing. :)

What Girls Said 17

• I would not. if I'm married, I can't cheat, even when I'm dating, I don't cheat. that's how I am and if a guy cheats on me, he's as good as done.

I Don't put up with cheating.

• A million times no. Marriage is taken too lightly and unfaithfulness is too common. It's quite pathetic and disappointing.

• Definitely not. For me, that's just out of the question. I could never bring myself to do something like that because first of all, if I think about it and put myself in the wife's shoes, and my husband was out with another girl, I could only imagine how terrible that must feel. Also, I would question if I would really want to be with someone who is cheating on his spouse, because if he's cheating on someone he had made a promise to be faithful to and stand by, he just might toss me aside and do the same to me sooner or later. Plus, the idea of being "the other woman" just seems so... tacky to me. In my opinion, "the other woman" lacks or has no respect at all for herself or for others, and she doesn't value or even consider the importance of marriage, and is overall very selfish and ignorant, as she only thinks about herself and her own happiness and doesn't think things through.

• Maybe the people who have cheated are a little ashamed to vote (?)

• Ive been in a situation with the guy I was seeing was married, I found out afterwards, he told me how they were separated yatta yatta yatta. It made it the relationship a little bit more intense in the bedroom I'm guessing just because he was free to do whatever he wanted. Not saying kinky or out of this world, just more of what you get you first start seeing someone intimately. That was the best part, it truly sucks though to know that at the end of the day he may not choose you.

• No I think adultery is horrible and look down on those who do it. I wouldn't want my husband cheating so why would I do it to someone else?

• Its possible. Some "married" people are separated,legally separated ,in the process of divorce, etc. Its a lot easier to get married than it is to get adivorce. Outright cheating with deception and no intention of leaving the spouse is just adultery, plain and simple. Depends on the specific situation...

• no I could not interfere on ones relationship because someone tried to do it to my relationship and its the worst feeling

• Its wrong but it does happen

• is flirting online considered cheating?

• No way, never. I wouldn't even do that with a guy who just has a girlfriend.

• no absolutely not!

• I won't be with a person who already married before and got divorce.

• Your poll isn't reflective of the real world at all. 85% of the people on here are under 18 so you can't really count their opinion. And it's easy to say no now because no one is actually in that situation. But I think the answers would be slightly different is people were faced with that situation in RL.

• i've been in a situation where the man was married but was getting divorce. we didn't do anything, but flirt and just around each other (not alone though). but that was different. we liked each other and technically he was divorced...so yeah

but a married man? I think a person would not have morals if they do that

• I'm going to say no, however there are always circumstances. Not everyone who sleeps with a married person is a home wrecker. I can't and won't judge those people because I don't know their stories.

• I've had feelings for a guy who was married (young guy), but it started before I knew he was. I'm not going to act like part of me didn't want to be with him, because yeah, a part of me did. A part of me wished he just wasn't married... and that's the thing. I wished he was single or divorced, but the reality was, he wasn't. And that's why I had to leave it alone.

If a married guy is going to cheat, he will no matter what girl comes along...so even if this married guy was going to be cheating, he will and his wife is going to be hurt. I still think its more him than the other woman (because its not like other women have to work that hard to get a married man who wants to cheat, cheat), but I didn't want to be the one involved with that, for my own sake at the very least.

What Guys Said 16

• Never in a million years - I believe it's wrong for one thing, as I'm a big supporter of loyalty in relationships and marriage. Secondly, I've been cheated on (though not in marriage), and it's a pretty crappy feeling - I would seek to cause anyone else that kind of pain. In addition, there are tons of problems (personal, legal, etc.) that could occur from being involved with a married person, and in my opinion, nothing is really worth those risks.

• It's happened a couple of times. Love doesn't care about marital status for Cupid';s sake. Only iceblooded people could think it does.

• Here's an article about the female "activities": link

So much for the legends...

• No way, never; there are too many single girls to be messing around with a married woman. If I was attracted to a woman, if she was interested in me, I'd lose all interest if I found out she was married.

• Update on your update...it is now down to 89% for NO.

I have been with married women but only those who came on to me...and both times their hubbies were not treating them like women (so they said)...as for me, it bugged me but I was young and stupid...

• Absolutely not, I wouldn't even consider it. There is just way too much trouble down that road. There are many reasons why its a complete no go for me, the main one being that I would not want some crazed husband coming after me.

• Nope, I'd wait perhaps if they were divorced or single again.

• I am a guy. I never would be involved with a married lady. Never. Too much at stake. What happens, if you both fall in love with each other ?Eh? You could be destroying two "loving" homes, i.e. children.

There are many single ladies, including widowed and divorced, that would love a love in their lives.. Be smart. A married woman is just asking to destroy her family ! ..and you with her.

Grow UP !

Pedro Zapata ( pen name...)

• No because I am the type that is looking for a relationship rather than just sex. So if she is that willing to leave her husband for another guy (me) then what will happen when we are dating and she finds someone else?

• its actually a very specific matter

some could say no some say yes.

its a situational matter,

divorcee could be great and may be his partner had a problem so want to move on

it could be both ways

• never

• I voted yes, If I was single I would have sex with a woman that is married. If I was married would I cheat on my spouse hell no!

• I could not date someone that way.

• There's a HUGE difference b/w a ONS and an ongoing relationship. I think most single people who would have a ONS would certainly have one with a married person (probably even more so than another single person) but would not want the drama of an ongoing relationship with an attached partner. Talk about a trainwreck to get involved in.

• wow I was suprised at the results very interesting

• No, because I wouldn't want anyone messing with my wife if I was married to her.