Snapchat? Is it a big deal?

So this is going to sound bad but my boyfriend had deleted girls off his snapchat and I snooped to see who he had about a month ago. I checked tonight and saw a girl and I don't know if she was there before. He told me he wouldn't add any girls so I don't know what to think. It had a smirking face next to her name so she would of sent him snapchats meaning that he's on her best friends list but she's not on his. Big deal or no? What does everyone think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Has he given you any reason to be this distrusting of him?

• No but he said he wouldn't add any girls on there. I'm not sure if she was on there before but we started talking through snapchat.

• I know what you mean bc I've totally been here with gf's. I think it's natural for girls, but I think it's better to communicate what you'd like and your concerns rather than trying to control and engineer him.

• I definitely don't want to control because that pushes guys away. But I said to him after, do you reply to girls if they snapchat you and he told me no. So I do believe him. I think she may have snapchatted him but didn't reply. For him it's no big deal but for me it's definitely the other way

Most Helpful Girl

• Basically since it has that emoji-- she sends him a lot but he doesn't do it in return so I'm not sure. I wouldn't be exactly happy but I would want to know who she was.

• I'm not happy. But I don't know if she was there before or not. But he told me he wouldn't add anyone so I don't know. But I know who she is.. she used to be friends with my boyfriends ex. She's friends with my boyfriend too. My boyfriend and her work for the same company. Except she works in the office and he works no where's near there

What Guys Said 3

• it's not a big deal. also, why are you going through his phone? like, do you have any reason to believe he's cheating?

• I don't think he's cheating. I just don't want him to snapchat any girls

• you can pick your friends. you can pick your nose. you can't pick your friend's nose. also, can he just not have communication with other women? or do you only snapchat girls? like, i have a hard time believing that he's the only guy in your life. he's going to talk to people. both men and women. just because he's your boyfriend doesn't mean he has to drop everyone else from his life just because you're that insecure. sorry if that sounds mean, but it's true. that's not how life works.

• The big deal is you violated his privacy by snooping.

• Is he not allowed to have any contact with a female besides you?

What Girls Said 6

• Seems like this internal turmoil, here, is yr cosmic penalty for snoopin'

• He's your boyfriend so anyones negative opinions shouldn't matter. Its a big deal, you're the girlfriend and it would be under your control to check up on what your man is doing. I'm quite fiesty so i would already get to the bottom of whats going on. If you have his passcode then when you're together and he's nothing around just look through his phone.

Trust your instincts and take control.

• I'm worried now that's why she is on his best friends list?
    I think it's fine if he have girls on his friend list since Snap is public thing. maybe she is truly best friend he don't want u to know so u don't insist to him or something

• He has like 6 best friends on there and they're all guys except me. It means she's sent snaps to him but he hasn't sent any to her

• I have never used it.

• How long have you been dating this guy?

• Almost 10 months. It's definitely serious and I do know he loves me. But we started talking through snapchat. And he has known this girl for a while, it just bugs me

• There was a guy I was friends with that I used to talk to through snap chat since he moved away. Once I started dating my guy he kept sending me provacitive pictures and wouldn't stop even though I told him I had a boyfriend who meant the world to me. Eventually he stopped but if he didn't I was gonna delete him. This girl may have done the same thing... if it's bothering you i say have a talk with him about it. Ask him

• Lol she definitely never had a thing with him

• Who really cares?
    Unless he's actually cheating on you, why stop him from talking to girls. It's not that big of a deal.