Do you prefer online dating or old fashioned dating (like meeting through mutual friends or in person)?

• Online Dating
  • Old Fashioned Dating

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm open to either option since you never know who you might meet... but I still prefer the old fashioned way, it's easier to connect when you're face to face, for example seeing her smile for the first time from something I said, compared to her typing a laughing emoji :D :D lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Old fashioned!!!

At least I know the person is real and I can tell if there's a spark

What Guys Said 15

• Afraid I really don't understand online dating whatsoever, and I'm a software developer and researcher (so I was born and raised on the kind of electronic and computer generation).

I don't understanding texting so much (and definitely not sexting). I don't understand how some people revolve their entire life around their mobile phone. I just guess I think that some things need to be done face-to-face.

• I met my first wife the old fashioned way.

Note that I said "first wife".

I met my second wife through eHarmony. In June, we will have been happily married for 10 years.

I side firmly on the side of online dating.

Establishing compatibility BEFORE a first date is a HUGE plus for me. I have zero interest in going out to meet a random array of women just to do that.

• Old-fashioned dating is the only way to go. Online dating is pathetic.

• +1. I think one of the problems is that a lot of people don't know how to network and meet a lot of people. There's lots of opportunities but I think the appeal of online dating is that it's just always there, and so easy to overcome those social anxieties.

• Just because you don't understand online dating doesn't make it pathetic.

• @Mekkalyn I'm not going to judge something that I don't understand.

• I don't want to date in the first place!!

• Nothing beats the bar.

• I'll always prefer face to face relationships but I'm open to other options after all this is not an ideal world, sometimes great people are a world a part, literally.

• I like them both, but online dating is somewhat tricky, cause you can't really know if you will like that person even if you seem to be getting along fine online.

• Both work fine for me.

• I have never tried and will never even try online dating; it's just not for me

• I prefer in person since my luck is better in the long run. I did the online thing for a while, but it slowly died out over a couple of months after several dates.

• always real stuff

• I've never met anybody online. Never tried to either.

• After awhile online is the only choice.

• Met my girlfriend online, we've been together 9 months. Still prefer old fashioned dating though.

• I've done both, but I've done more old fashioned meeting the girl in person for the past 4-5 years. I like it, but I'm flexible and online dating is bad, just sucks when a lot of guys are thirsty for one girl smh

What Girls Said 5

• I want the old fashion way! Ya know I want him to take me out to eat!

• id definitely prefer the old fashioned way. my heart is not closed off to other options though.

• Even people who are in online relationships wish they were dating each other in the "old fashion''! So I don't think these two are to be compared since no one really wants to have a virtual partner for ever.

• I prefer both

• Old fashioned dating. There are so many non-verbal traits you can't pick up from texting.