Would you be able to date someone you only see on the weekends?

there's this girl i'm considering actually dating. we served in the same army base so we saw each other most days, i was discharged months ago but she still has 11 months.

she almost always comes back every Thursday and goes back Sunday morning. but sometimes the higher ups can say "you're not going home this weekend".

its like.. pretty much a long distance relationship...

Most Helpful Girl

• Seeing the person on the weekends would be enough for me.
    You're only establishing a connection with each other.
    Eventually as your relationship progresses (f you both feel like you are the ones for each other), it's expected that you get married and live together.
    For the beginning point of a relationship, this is fine.

• whoa whoa.. married? i'm 22 she's 24. lets take it easy

• I said "eventually" not "now"
      you're acting like you are under eighteen.
      I got married and had a kid at 22.
      Age is not then determining factor

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Hmm it depends usually at the beginning of my relationships I see them a lot however give it a couple months in I see them 1-2 days a week. Aslong as their constant communication I wouldn't be fussed.

• Yeah I'd definitely be OK with that. It's about quality and not quantity.

• One a week is fine... as long as we communicate throughout the week. I can't be in a relationship with someone who doesn't have the time to talk or text regularly

• I see my boyfriend once a year and still its not sure cuz of travel expenses , its hard but we love eachother so yeah we can do it guess if u love eachother u can do it too ^^

• I think if you really like her then sure! If you will see her most weekends that's great! Better than most long distance relationships.

• yeah but its not like i'm gonna be spending the entire weekend with her. i was in her situation exactly so i know how it is. she can come back from base Thursday afternoon and pass out immediately, then Friday see me and sleep over, then plan sometimes with her friends for Saturday night. to me, seeing your partner once or twice a week is not a real relationship no matter how much you like each other

• Yes I understand your frustration. I guess it just depends if you are willing to try. I know how you feel and I like with my boyfriend. We have a son so we both have to work and we work separate shifts. So we I'm coming home from work, he is leaving for work and when he comes home, I am leaving. We only see each other on Sunday which is the only day I have off and he still goes to work for 12 hours that day. So I understand its hard but it can be done.

• Sure! I dated a guy for two years I only saw one weekend a month

• Most people only see each other on the weekends anyway. I don't see how that's much different from a normal relationship.

• cause i fucking want sexytimes on the regular thats why i'm talking like 4-5 times a week

• i like her though. so i think i'll make her my main bitch and then find me a side bitch for the weekdays

• Or you could just find another girl you like who's more available.

What Guys Said 0