Girls would you date a guy like me who works in retail and does not have much money? What if I am a guy who has a college degree?

One thing that makes me self conscious when it comes to dating is the fack that I don't have a lot of money right now. I have always heard that a guy needs a good car, a good job, and a good income to get a girlfriend. I actually have a good car because my parents helped me with getting it and I borrowed some money. But I don't have a lot of money, I only have about $1500 in my bank account. And I just work in retail which people tend to look down on. However I have finished college with a degree in business management and I feel like I have a bright future. But I seem to have a hard time getting a job.
Girls would you date a guy like me?

• Most girls would date you.
  • Most girls would not date you?
  • See results.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everything you've mentioned is completely irrelevant to yr ability to get a date, at this point in yr life.

If you were 40 years old? That'd be different. If you were looking for a marriage partner, right now? That'd be different too. But right now, you are still squarely in the middle of the "girls just wanna have fun" demographic.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ambition, thats what women love. Your current state is non-important as long as you're ambitious and want to climb up the ladder.

What Girls Said 11

• For me it would depend entirely on how you treated me and your personality. Since i take care of my own finances i don't bother about a guy earning a certain amount etc. I make sure i can get the things i want. However, you seem like you have a lot of ambition and you're working towards getting the job you want. Ambition and drive are far more important to me than what a guy currently earns.
    Keep trying to find the right kind of girls. We're definitely out there.

• Thanks. I do understand that it is important try to treat a girl good.
      And I would not want a girl who wants to just live off me financially. I would want a girl who has ambitions of her own. I want a girl who is my equal in a relationship in terms of how much money we make, and decision making.

• You have some great accomplishments and finding a job can be hard. Mind if I ask what you want to do with your degree? What is wrong with retail? Makes no sense.

With that said, yes. I would date a guy like you. Just need to make sure you have a good personality and know how to treat a lady. I think it's great you are striving to better yourself. Great direction.

• I plan to something in business management. I will probability start out with a management job in retail.

• Maybe for some girls its all about the money. But I'm pretty sure for most they just want a guy who cares for them and is there to love them regardless of bank account.
    Personally my point of view I don't give a shit what he makes. As long as its enough to support himself. I'll hold up my end. I do fine doing it now. As long as I'm compatible with the guy and he has a good personality and I find him interesting. Thats all. Money means nothing. Sure you need enough to get by but thats all.

• I think your doing great!

• You are attractive, I'd be willing to date you.

My ex was unemployed when I met him but going to school so I didn't mind.

• For me, it 100% comes down to how motivated a guy is. If he aspires to do something more and is motivated, I'd be more interested. A lot of jobs are stepping stones to get elsewhere. If he has a strong work ethic, it won't matter as much to me. I'm a very motivated person so I look for that in a relationship. Im not interested in taking care of someone who doesn't want more for themselves.

• Uh yeah... my boyfriend works in retail and I've been dating him for a long time now. Its not where you work either, its how you treat your gifrlfriend. Money isn't everything.

• girls dont care about that stuff.

• Who cares about money Lmao? Sınce you have a degree you can always fınd a job.. dont worry gırls lıke guys wıth degrees

• Dude no you don't need all that for a girlfriend, wife maybe but then again I'm not as high maintenance as most of my friends. They want a guy with a car, job, etc but they're in school.

Only difference is they dress up more and are prettier plus have a job, I only go to school as a full time student

• This is an off the wall question because majority of college grads are in the same situation you are in. Please stop with the insecurity. It's really not that big of a deal.

What Guys Said 6

• What if.. what if nothing, work with what you have and who you are.

• I'm in a similar situation as you and also feel like I'm at a disadvantage.

• No woman will date a guy who doesn't have money. Women are all in love with money and men with money.

• Girls won't give you an honest answer unfortunately. The truth is that they find guys of higher "status" jobwise more attractive. I'll maybe allow that it's not all about the money but they like an ambitious go-getter. It's been proved by science.

• gold diggers

• small wallet? i hope you got at least a big dick and know how to use it. girls have "standards"!