Why do older guys like dating younger women?

I'm talking to a guy that is 26 and I'm 19....

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a good question for me. I know I should date more my age but really the girls around my age already have a child or children. They also seem to be married. I mean I could be looking in the wrong places but a lot of my friends have been hitting on younger girls including myself. I guess I do it because some people think I look like I could be in high school or college. I also don't really care about age as much. I have a good self-esteem and I would like to think I look good so I hit on girls within 10 years of my age. Maybe this is wrong to do, but if the girl likes me and I am not committing a crime I don't see what the big deal is. I wouldn't push someone into something I could get both of us in trouble for. This is my 2 cents anyways.

What Guys Said 3

• I said this before in another question on this topic: it depends on the woman. Older women may come with baggage, but a lot of younger women are so annoying that it's hard to hold a conversation with them. I have no problem dating women in their late teens and early 20s, in fact I prefer them because they're physically better looking for the most part, but only if their personality is up to par. If they're self-absorbed or worried about what celebrities have going on and that sort of thing, frankly I don't have time for that inane bullshit. That's the flip side of the coin where older women have the advantage, generally speaking. They have life experience so they're more keyed into the stuff that matters and I can gel with that a lot better.

Bottom line: I prefer younger women that have a level of maturity I can relate to.

• Cause he can control you, in every way.

• I don't know; I think it's nasty

I'm 22, so that isn't too bad for you :o)

What Girls Said 2

• The appeal of youth is always present everywhere, partly because it's biological (males search for the most healthy, vital females for child bearing purposes, etc.) and partly because society encourages an obsession with youth being equivalent to beauty and desire. But you can choose who you want to date, and use common sense and your own desires to figure that out.

• Older guys like dating younger women because it strokes their egos! They like to prove that they still got what it takes to get to be with a younger woman. The other thing is that older men take their time while making love and a younger woman can keep the pace reved up. They also like to show younger women off to their friends like eye-candy to make them jealous. I much prefer an older man than a younger man - especially for the experience, knowledge, patience, kind and caring ways.