Thoughts on Dating a Self Harmer?

I don't know what guys have said about this subject, but is it true that cutting is "disgusting" and "stupid" and "gross" to them? Is it a huge turn off?

What Guys Said 1

• Nope 💁 not a turn off for me

What Girls Said 2

• I think it's just something that some people don't understand solely because they don't understand how the pain can relieve your mental pain etc. It is obviously not a turn on however it's more to do with the mental stability of a person, no one will willingly just jump the first chance to date someone who is not stable, cutter or not.

• It's not a turn off but I would likely not be able to ne with a self harmer. Like a fellow G@Ger said below it shows mental instability, if you are mentally unstable it'll be hard to have successful relationships with other people. My best friend was (and probably still is) a self harmer and it's been nothing but lies and heart ache with her. If the person is serious and willing to get some help then I would date them.