The guy that I started dating is too annoying. How do I nicely tell him to stop?

He's a great guy and I really like where our relationship is heading but he's too annoying. He calls me at least 5-7 times a day and he knows that I can't talk all of the time. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood to talk on the phone all of the time. I enjoy our conversations but now it's like he's suffocating me and it's starting to turn me off a bit. How do I tell him without ruining it or breaking his heart?

Most Helpful Guy

• Nicely tell him to stop. Just tell him to stop being such a weeb and to stop calling you so often. Tell him that sometimes you are busy and you can't always answer his calls but you appreciate his enthusiasm although it is a bit overwhelming. I doubt he will heartbroken over that. If he does get heartbroken over that... -_-

Most Helpful Girl

• How can you like where the relationship is going while finding him too annoying? Doesn't sound like a good match.

• Lol because he's a good guy still, he's just a bit clingy.

• Where it's going is.. he's gonna have to know where you are at all times, want to participate in girls night out and can be seen outside your window right now. The world is full of good guys, so either try to change this one ASAP or find a non clingy good guy.

What Guys Said 1

• He's too clingy and needy. You need to put your foot down and tell him that you need some space, and this can't go on. There is no 'nice' way to say this, just tell him.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him that he needs to tone it down on the calling and maybe resort to texting because it's easier to text you and you can't talk on the phone all the time. Or just tell him at night conversations would be easier.