Why do guys say they don't like it, but they really do?

One thing I have noticed is that most guys say they prefer a girl without much makeup, but girls with lots of makeup are approached more often. Why is that? Am I seeing a biased group of guys?

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys are saying that when they notice the makeup a lot, they don't like it. (I don't actually mind heavy makeup).

Go with what people do, not what they say.

This sort of thing is quite common for men and women, who are better at describing behavior they like, vs what actually makes them attracted.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They don't really know what makeup is. They subconsciously register that she looks better but they don't actually know what went into that look. When they say they don't like "a lot of make up" they're thinking of really heavy, racoon-like eyeshadow and bright red lipstick, like a clown or a hooker.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• i don't mind either, but i would much rather prefer a girl who spends less maintenance on smearing her face with cake. it saves time and she doesn't have to stress out about getting sweaty because.. our life is a fucking adventure lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Same here, a lot of makeup can be cute though but only sometimes, on the other hand it can feel like... well... I guess you can imagine...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• People have a nasty habit of lying to themselves. If someone looks good, they look good. It's of minor importance if they are wearing make up or not.

0|0
    0|0