Is this a dumb reason to go to a therapist?

I am currently going to a therapist weekly becasue of a breakup. We broke up almost a year ago and I still have touble seeing her at school. I have to avoid her, and I get really nervous sometimes if I know I might see her. Do you think this is a dumb reason to got to therapy?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not dumb , if it's helping you then great , keep going , in my own experience when one of my bfs and I broke up I went into a really bad depression state , and took me like a little over 2 years to get over him but I'm sure going to therapy would help.
    And I know a lot of guys are going to say something because I'm a girl , but guys have feelings too , they're no different from girls , I think its cute you had actual strong feelings , I'm sorry it didn't work out

• @Bunnyears Thank you for your opinion! I'm really sorry to hear about your breakup. Yeah I defiantly really loved her and I think I still do. Its just emotionally draining in school because I see her sometimes. And yeah I agree that guys and girls have feeling in the same way, and to say otherwise is s silly gender thing. Its okay, thank you!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• if it helps it's not a dumb reason. And dumb reason implies someone other other than you get's an opinion on it, which they don't

• No. Many individuals seek therapy for anxiety.

• Yeah bruh why you going to therapy for some breakup. Here have some of my swag *(hands over swag). If you need therapy for a breakup you are going to be in a world of hurt in the future. Just man up otherwise you will have major issues with relationships in the future. The relationship is over. She can't hurt you, so why be afraid of her? What is done is done. Learn from it and move on.