Lesbian but have a boyfriend?

Long story short I ended up dating my best friend despite being a closeted lesbian. I've known him for some years, and have an amazing friendship, and I really like him. We've been official for a month almost, but I don't know if I can take it anymore. I emotionally like him, but kissing and all of that barely ever seems very pleasant, and I'm just not into it more and more as time goes by. Before we dated, I told him how I felt about my sexuality, but when we started dating I told him to not worry about it, that things would be fine. Another problem is that I'm just not very submissive, I'm rather dominant. and he's very dominant, which is a major cause in my uncomfortableness while making out, etc. Has anyone been in this position before? Advice? I'm so stressed out about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• You probably shouldn't have told him things would be fine. I know that people tend to say what they need to at the time to get what they want, but... it's probably time you fess up to him that not only are you forcefully fighting your own sexuality, but there's an incompatibility level when it comes to both of you wanting to be the dominant one. There's just too much not working for this to continue being a functional thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're dominant, then you just can't date other dominant people. As you said, it makes you feel uncomfortable.

I'm dominant too, and I only date submissive guys.

If this guy doesn't make you happy, then it's time to move on. Find someone else. There are plenty of submissive guys and girls out there. You should probably break up, sorry to say.

Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• Why would you really hurt your friend by lying to him? It would be different if you were at least bi, but apparently your further over the curve, unless it's just the dominance thing. If it's the dominance thing, then that can be overcome.

• Dump his ass get yourself a girl friend and move on

• you're right, but that's much easier said than done.

• You could try a 3 way maby

What Girls Said 2

• If you're not into him than I suggest breaking up with him. It wouldn't be fair on your and his part. I would just break up with him and tell him that you hope you can be friends still.

• He knows you're a lesbian. Don't let him guilt you into sleeping with him. Hook him up with a nice straight girl and find yourself a nice gay one.