Is having long hair as a man a disadvantage in the dating world?

Stylin'

• Yes, it's a disadvantage...
  • No, it makes you standout more...
  • Only a few can pull it off... most can't
  • No matter how great it looks I'm not into it...
  • But I love long hair...
  • If you're asking this question *spoiler alert* you should probably cut it off...
give me more!!

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck no. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. So fucking much. I'd choose a long haired dude over a short haired dude any day of the week.

• I'm struggling to find worthwhile girls who are into it... last 2 girls sucked, one was a closest whore the other was a fuck girl. It has been a very upsetting ordeal, making me question the point of being honest when there are so many fakes/phonies.

• But if it's holding me back and taking away more chances/opportunities... I think I'd be willing to make the change. Also I struggle to make it look good most days...

• "last 2 girls sucked, one was a closest whore the other was a fuck girl."

And yr blaming that on their crinal preferences?
      LOL.

(yes, "crinal" is a word... "having to do with hair". i don't know why more people don't know/use this word.)

Most Helpful Guy

• I voted F.

Realistically many women don't like it, but some like it a lot. Generally speaking your dating chances are improved by something like that (popular with a subset of girls). Having every girl think you're okay gets you nothing, you need SOME girls to think you're hot.

HOWEVER

Long hair is feminine. If you look and project masculine, it gives you a sensual romantic/barbaric wild edge. It's the exact flipside of women with short hair - a look that almost only works on women who are cute and petite and otherwise feminine. If you look like a pirate or barbarian, keep the hair, some girls will LOVE it. if you look like a basement dwelling introvert who is trying to look like some rock singer he likes, cut it.

What Girls Said 17

• My husband has braids all the way down to his ass, and he's had some form of long hair for 30+ years.

As for "success in the dating world"... I mean, if that boy has been rejected even once in his damn life, that'd be news to me.

More to the point—Why would you cut yr hair, just for "success in the dating world"? That's just all sorts of bad. Bad idea.
    You should not tailor yr own appearance, against yr own nature and yr own preferences, simply to attract a larger QUANTITY of other people -- even if that would actually happen, which is doubtful.

Why would you even want to do that, anyway? Would you want to attract someone who's attracted to something that isn't truly you?

• It's such an advantage <3 <3 <3 The boyfriend's hair is roughly at the small of his back now and it's absolutely gorgeous.

• i voed C. looks so good on him but yeah it's probably the longest id like on a guy I'm with.

• I was just picking a random photo of nice long hair (young johnny depp) but mine was that length a month ago but I cut it to about half that.

• half that is awesome as well.

• Nothing is a bigger turn off for me than a guy with long hair. This is an example of what an ideal haircut should look like on a guy, and kinda my ideal in general

speakeasyohiou.files.wordpress.com/.../...ncer.jpg

• What did you think of Dr. Chase's hair in the earlier seasons? lol

• But... if Dr Chase asked you out while he still was rocking that hairstyle would you decline his offer?

• I'd take him up on it but tell him he needs a haircut and he'd be much better looking with short hair. And if it was as long as the pics you posted, I'd say no to the date.

• Helllllll no! Long hair on guys is hot!! I am usually more attracted to a fellow with long hair.

• No, I love that kind of hair! I wish more guys wore their hair like that, it looks way better than the short, spiky crap that 90% of guys wear these days.

• I'm not into it. I have yet to see anyone look good with it.

• kind of. most people aren't johnny depp and can't pull it off like he does. in most cases, i wish a guy would cut his hair as opposed to growing it long like that.

• I find it incredibley sexy.
    If man don't got good hair I don't want ya!

• Looooove it esp curly or wavy. I've been into guys with longer but they never seemed to want anything other than friendship.
    My hair is too short for them probably :/

• The hottest guys who stand out to me have longer hair. It's alluring and primal.

• I like it, if it looks right on the right person. Not every can pull it off. But if you want longer hair then get longer hair, lol.

• I personally don't like men with long hair, for me it's a big turn off but a lot of women think it's sexy.

• Disadvantage? No!
    I love long hair on men, it looks really great!

• Well, you could always cut your hair.

• I love it on guys who can pull it off, and actually prefer it one these men, but a lot can't pull it off and shouldn't try because then it just looks awful.

• I like men with long hair talk about sexy especially it it really suits him and his hair is dark.

What Guys Said 5

• I really think it depends on the guy and the girl.

It's like girls with short hair. Some can pull it off, look gorgeous, with it. Many others might really lose a lot of those aesthetics many of us associate with femininity through our social upbringing and are attracted towards.

Some guys look really geeky with long hair. Johnny Depp can probably attract a number of women regardless of hairstyle. He's like the girl who can have whatever hairstyle.

• To me it becomes a rather girly aesthetic when a guy has long hair in a way where he has to take his hand and kind of wave it out of his face, twirl his hair to make it go back to the right position -- "high-maintenance long hair". Low-maintenance long hair from someone who looks like he doesn't give a damn might be pretty cool.

• So your thinking like short shaggy look? short enough that it doesn't need to go behind your ear but long enough that it moves around?

... I think I'd rather just do short on the sides/back and long on top variation.

cdn2-b.examiner.com/.../...2691966735fd73d587e.jpg

• I think every guy is different. I'm living and working in Japan, and some of the nicer hair salons will actually evaluate your face shape and personality for a matching hairstyle. But I'd say go with whatever you like, makes you feel really confident and not afraid to ask women out, e. g. It's mostly whatever makes you feel attractive that's most important.

• If your the type to work hard and stay passionate then its should all be good , but if its long cuz your the lazy type and its just a byproduct of that then.. well get up, get a job and a hair cut , you gotta earn long hair sex appeal XD

• I fight with it like a motherfu... maybe when I initial grew it out, it was byproduct of laziness and not caring about my appearance (self-esteem issues), but now it's ever changing project of trying to make it look great/amazing - some days I pull it off but most days it looks rough.

It's a battle that I usually loose even with quality shampoos/conditioners and styling products.

• I guess you know the struggles a lot of girls with long hair have.

• Its not a disadvantage if you look like Johnny Depp. Unfortunately most of us dont look like that.

• The kind of women I like dig it

• Most guys cannot pull it off.